Topics

windows shutting down skype 7.4

Sugar Lopez

Hi all

I lost the article about skype 7.4 being tossed away for windows 10 users?

Has anyone tried version 8.5?

And if so any thoughts?

Sugar

Who uses 7.4 on a windows 10 and jaws 10 on a lonovo desk top

smile

"A day without a friend is like a pot without a drop of honey."

-Winnie the Pooh

Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:

Hugs, Sugar

Stephen Troy

Hi

Not sure if anyone sent you any info but skype 7 is being shut down on September 1 and we will have to choose between skype 8.25 (electron) and skype for windows 10, better known as UWP.

Both are accessible, possibly not as accessible as 7 but that one won’t be an option so I guess we have to move on. There are scripts available for both at dlee.org/skype.

You also need to have jaws 17 and upwards for skype 8 orUWP. I believe both will work with older versions of jaws but to what extent I’m not sure.

Regards

Steve

I lost the article about skype 7.4 being tossed away for windows 10 users?

Has anyone tried version 8.5?

And if so any thoughts?

Sugar

Who uses 7.4 on a windows 10 and jaws 10 on a lonovo desk top

smile

"A day without a friend is like a pot without a drop of honey."

-Winnie the Pooh

Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:

Hugs, Sugar

Michele Barbi

Ok guys, I think Sugar made a mistake in indicating with JAWS version he is using. 10 is old by now, and won't support Windows 10 at all.
That been said, I checked out system requirements for Skype UWP scripts, and I figured out that these scripts will only support JFW 18 or higher, not 17 which Skype 8 electron scripts do.

I’m actually on 8.25, got the update yesterday. I am still loving it. I’m not using any nvda add ons but it is still workable. It looks like a web page. It’s really easy and remidns me sort of of themac client.

On 27 Jul 2018, at 18:41, Sugar Lopez wrote:

Hi all

I lost the article about skype 7.4 being tossed away for windows 10 users?

Has anyone tried version 8.5?

And if so any thoughts?

Sugar

Who uses 7.4 on a windows 10 and jaws 10 on a lonovo desk top

smile

"A day without a friend is like a pot without a drop of honey."

-Winnie the Pooh

Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:

Hugs, Sugar

Sugar Lopez

Yes I did. Smile
For as long as I have used Skype I am still learning and trying to figure it out and just as I am getting use to it, poof! It changes all over again.
So happy I have joined this wonderful group of information and assistance.
Thanks to all
Sugar

. "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."