Topics

Which Skype Do I Currently Have and which scripts should I have

James Robinson

Well! I have been out of the country for six weeks back in April through
May; then during June and half of July I was busy moving from one house to
another and missed all of this skype stuff. Now, which version of skype is
on my machine now? I have gotten all of the latest windows 10 upgrades and
jaws (Fusion) updates. Would I have skype 8.25 or skypeup? I am not sure
what to do with all of this. Now what is the skype store app; too
confusing; and when can I get a totally working skype and which one should
it be. Hope someone can help me with this mess.

James Robinson

Steve Matzura <number6@...>

If you are using JAWS, press JAWS Key plus Control plus V and it will tell you the version number. If you hear 8.25, you are running Skype from skype.com and need the Electron scripts from

http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron

If you hear that you are running the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) version,you need the scripts from

http://www.dlee.org/skype

NVDA add-ons are also available from the above pages.

HTH

On 8/2/2018 4:46 AM, James Robinson wrote:
Well! I have been out of the country for six weeks back in April through
May; then during June and half of July I was busy moving from one house to
another and missed all of this skype stuff. Now, which version of skype is
on my machine now? I have gotten all of the latest windows 10 upgrades and
jaws (Fusion) updates. Would I have skype 8.25 or skypeup? I am not sure
what to do with all of this. Now what is the skype store app; too
confusing; and when can I get a totally working skype and which one should
it be. Hope someone can help me with this mess.

James Robinson

Stephen Troy

Hi james

Firstly, to find out which version of skype you are currently running press
control/insert/v. if you still have 7.4, that's fine until September 1.

On that date Microsoft are removing this version from circulation and you
will have to decide whether you want to use skype 8.25, or UWP. The latter
is specifically for use with windows 10.

Skype 8 previously would not work with windows 10 but ms have changed this
approach and it's now available to be used on all windows versions.

If you want scripts for skype 8.25, current version, you can get these from
dlee.or/skype/electron

For UWP, universal windows platform, it's dlee.org/skype/uwp