Topics

when keys don't work

Sugar Lopez

Hi all

Almost hesitant to ask but here it goes…

Yes, I googled my question first but found no answer

So last resource is here. Smile

I tried the

Following keys but they failed to work for me

Any suggestions or alternatives?

The command to answer a call is:

?

CTRL+Shift+E to end the call

Ctrl + Shift + K

Start a video call

They did not work, now someone once said control plus shift plus page up will answer a call

Have to try this still

Again I would appreciate help

- - Winnie the Pooh

-Sugar

inamuddin khan

Dear my friend, to accept audio and video calls:

Ctrl+shift+p and ctrl+shift+k respectively.

To end the call either audio or video calls, ctrl+e.

For more informations,

Please google Skype Electron-inamuddin.

HTH

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

Join me with my Skype ID:

charlsdarwin1

See me on facebook:

www.facebook.com/inamuddin786

Follow me on my twitter:

www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1

Mobile phone:

+92-334-3348409

Google voice:

+1-631-5335683

Almost hesitant to ask but here it goes…

Yes, I googled my question first but found no answer

So last resource is here. Smile

I tried the

Following keys but they failed to work for me

Any suggestions or alternatives?

The command to answer a call is:

?

CTRL+Shift+E to end the call

Ctrl + Shift + K

Start a video call

They did not work, now someone once said control plus shift plus page up will answer a call

Have to try this still

Again I would appreciate help

- - Winnie the Pooh

-Sugar

Sarah k Alawami

Did you check to see the script revision?Also did you reinstall skype to see if that would resolve the problem? Also, were there reports on the skype forums? I doubt it but good to check there even though the experience is less than nice. I'm all out of ideas as I don't think I have that issue. Actually I remember now someone else I think had that issue in the list archives but I forgot how they solved it. If not this list maybe it was the nvda list. I'll have to check there, or maybe it was even the win 10 list. I did hear of this issue somewhere else though. Oh by the way I don't think this person got the issue fixed either.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 9 May 2019, at 13:25, Sugar Lopez wrote:

Hi all

Almost hesitant to ask but here it goes…

Yes, I googled my question first but found no answer

So last resource is here. Smile

I tried the

Following keys but they failed to work for me

Any suggestions or alternatives?

The command to answer a call is:

?

CTRL+Shift+E to end the call

Ctrl + Shift + K

Start a video call

They did not work, now someone once said control plus shift plus page up will answer a call

Have to try this still

Again I would appreciate help

- - Winnie the Pooh

-Sugar

Sugar Lopez

Thank you Sarah

I will try all you mentioned.

sugar

"A day without a friend is like a pot without a drop of honey."

-Winnie the Pooh

Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:

Hugs, Sugar

[...]

Michele Barbi

Well these hotkeys should not depend on the scripts but on Skype, meaning I think they are built-in hotkeys in Skype. The only thing is I'll have to test ctrl+shift+p and make sure it works for answering a call, this surely works in order to start an audio call. I don't think I can test ctrl+shift+k since I don't use a webcam on my desktop Windows machine.

Sugar Lopez

Yes, exactly but that does not work for me.

I will do what Sarah suggested and do some research.

It’s appreciated

For now when some one calls me I just press the space bar. Then I ask that person to hang up since the keys given seems to not work for me.

No worries, it wil come to me soon

Thanks again

[...]

Odd, yeah I'm stumpped, but try and troubleshoot and check all drivers etc. It might not be a driver or video issue but you just never know with these odd thigns we call computers.

On 9 May 2019, at 15:11, Sugar Lopez wrote:

[...]

Jerry Pryde

Hi all.

I find the control-shift-p, and control-e commands work, as long as I'm in the skype window.

For example, I can't answer a call unless I'm actually in the skype window.

In skype classic, I could just use the hot key command whenever a call came in.

Maybe that's the problem, Sugar.

Almost hesitant to ask but here it goes…

Yes, I googled my question first but found no answer

So last resource is here. Smile

I tried the

Following keys but they failed to work for me

Any suggestions or alternatives?

The command to answer a call is:

?

CTRL+Shift+E to end the call

Ctrl + Shift + K

Start a video call

They did not work, now someone once said control plus shift plus page up will answer a call

Have to try this still

Again I would appreciate help

- - Winnie the Pooh

-Sugar

Sarah k Alawami

I forgot those keys are not global. So yeah you need to be in the skype window in orderr for all of the keys to work now.

On 9 May 2019, at 17:31, Jerry Pryde wrote:

[...]

Oh oh, Jerry you're right!
I didn't think about global hotkeys, that must be because I do not use Skype 7 since 9 months and I probably forgot it.

inamuddin khan

If you are using JAWS 2019 latest version, then whenever call comes to you, press insirt+space then y followed by up errow to accept the call and down arrow to end the call!

They are global hot keys!

[...]

Hi and good morning, tht makes a lot of sense. Smile

Since I am still lerning ow to operate the new skype, it seems that I can’t get it quite yet but I am trying. Smile

I open my desk top icon and skype is on

Then from here I don’t know how how to find my contacts, alt 2 does not work and so I go down to chat, press space bar and when I find the person I want to call I tab and tab until I hear either video cll or audio call and press enter

Then I hear the ringing.

But then after speaking to the person I can’t get the keys given to work to hang up

So my question is, and it my sound silly to some but again, I am still working on it, how do I know I’m on the skypw window?

Sorry but I just  need guidance but I am trying.

Smile thank you for the patience and kindness.

[...]

I use jaws 17, windows 10, skype 8.4

But not sure if I hve skrypts. I remembe installing them but I don’t hear them in my prgrams, would it also say if they were installed?

Thnks

[...]

You can do that or what ever key stroke from with in skype is listed in the key strokes document they have. It's quite long so. you might have to scroll. For the getting around all I do is treat it like a web page and use f to get around or b or tab to the tabs and right arrow and left arrow through them to select them. It's not that bad and i can now get around very fast. I use nvda though.

On 10 May 2019, at 8:27, Sugar Lopez wrote:

[...]

JAWS 17 in windows 10?

Amazing!

Anyhow, press insirt+Q to confirm if you have installed JAWS script!

The command I gave you was not the command of JAWS script but it is the command of JAWS 2019 latest version!

[...]

Yes, it was what I said on my very first post when I first asked a simple question. Smile

I will try what you suggest. Thanks

Here is another one that I am a bit stuck on.

I was having a video chat with hubby and I wish to delete or remove it.

When I went to open the gallery and it showed the video and how it would stay for 30 days, think it’s a video message but it was a live conversation.

Does this mean it will go away in 30 days or can I remove it now?

I went to “more for more options but there was no remove just forward, save, download…

Any clues as to how t delete video messsages by chance?

Just thought I’d ask

Thnks so much

[...]

It seams that you don’t have JAWS script for Skype Electron.

Make sure that version 113 is installed in JAWS 17 and it is working too!

For more information, search Skype Electron-inamuddin on either google or on you tube.

You will be helped out a lot!