Topics

what's the newest skype for jaws and the scripts?

Randy Tijerina

hi friends. I'm jumping on the bandwagon here.
whenever I quit when I got skype7....it signs me out.
i guess I gotta update. any accessible updates?
and can I have some hints?

Sarah k Alawami

Go to the skype website nd dl the latest one there. It just got. an update. And as for latest sdcipts etc see the message archive as we've ben discussing this very thing. I also hope the links are up to date in the footers of the messages as that's where you get the latest scripts.

Take care

On 5 Feb 2019, at 13:50, Randy Tijerina wrote:

hi friends. I'm jumping on the bandwagon here.
whenever I quit when I got skype7....it signs me out.
i guess I gotta update. any accessible updates?
and can I have some hints?

Randy Tijerina

i have been out of town. I haven't been able to look at the threads. I
am just asking to find the latest scripts.

Go to the skype website nd dl the latest one there. It just got. an
update. And as for latest sdcipts etc see the message archive as we've
ben discussing this very thing. I also hope the links are up to date in
the footers of the messages as that's where you get the latest scripts.

Take care

On 5 Feb 2019, at 13:50, Randy Tijerina wrote:

hi friends. I'm jumping on the bandwagon here.
whenever I quit when I got skype7....it signs me out.
i guess I gotta update. any accessible updates?
and can I have some hints?

Sarah k Alawami

In that case go to the footer of the messages and click the link to the scripts. It had better be up to date as I remember updating something months ago.

Take care

On 5 Feb 2019, at 15:07, Randy Tijerina wrote:

i have been out of town. I haven't been able to look at the threads. I
am just asking to find the latest scripts.

Go to the skype website nd dl the latest one there. It just got. an
update. And as for latest sdcipts etc see the message archive as we've
ben discussing this very thing. I also hope the links are up to date in
the footers of the messages as that's where you get the latest scripts.

Take care

On 5 Feb 2019, at 13:50, Randy Tijerina wrote:

hi friends. I'm jumping on the bandwagon here.
whenever I quit when I got skype7....it signs me out.
i guess I gotta update. any accessible updates?
and can I have some hints?

Doug Lee

Not sure if this was already answered...

Skype 8.38, the current Skype 8 version, is usable with JAWS and NVDA. I also have scripts for JAWS for it at https://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/ and I just now released an update to those to help with a couple problems with
latest JAWS and Skype updates.

On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 03:50:57PM -0600, Randy Tijerina wrote:
hi friends. I'm jumping on the bandwagon here.
whenever I quit when I got skype7....it signs me out.
i guess I gotta update. any accessible updates?
and can I have some hints?

"No person is your friend who demands your silence or denies your
right to grow." --Alice Walker

Owen Palamountain <owen72b@...>

Hi Doug,

I can't download the latest Jaws scripts for Skype 8.38.

Kind regards
Owen Palamountain
Email: owen72b@...
Phone: +64 4 569 1592

Level Access doug.lee@...
http://www.LevelAccess.com
"No person is your friend who demands your silence or denies your right to
grow." --Alice Walker

Sarah k Alawami

What errors do you get if any? What happens when you unzip the file(s)

Take care

On 6 Feb 2019, at 20:14, Owen Palamountain wrote:

[...]

Hi Sarah,

I can’t download the latest scripts from Doug’s web site for Skype 8.38.

Doesn’t give me the option to download the file.

Kind regards

Owen Palamountain

Email: owen72b@...

Phone: +64 4 569 1592

Not sure if this was already answered...

Skype 8.38, the current Skype 8 version, is usable with JAWS and NVDA. I
also have scripts for JAWS for it at https://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/
and I just now released an update to those to help with a couple problems
with latest JAWS and Skype updates.

On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 03:50:57PM -0600, Randy Tijerina wrote:
hi friends. I'm jumping on the bandwagon here.
whenever I quit when I got skype7....it signs me out.
i guess I gotta update. any accessible updates?
and can I have some hints?

Level Access doug.lee@...
http://www.LevelAccess.com
"No person is your friend who demands your silence or denies your right to
grow." --Alice Walker

Stephen Troy

Script Installation Instructions

To install these scripts on a new system:

  1. Load JAWS if this has not already been done. This will require administrative privileges on the computer.
  2. Run JAWS as the user for whom the scripts are to be installed. This and the following steps must be performed for each user of the computer who will be using JAWS with these scripts.
  3. Download and run, or run directly, the installer for these scripts; and follow the on-screen directions. Be sure to install the scripts in the currently running JAWS version if a JAWS version list is presented.
  4. To verify successful installation, type Ins+Q while Skype 8 is in focus. Part of the JAWS spoken response should be a revision number. If you do not hear a revision number, the scripts are not correctly loaded.

Not sure if this was already answered...

Skype 8.38, the current Skype 8 version, is usable with JAWS and NVDA. I
also have scripts for JAWS for it at https://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/
and I just now released an update to those to help with a couple problems
with latest JAWS and Skype updates.

On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 03:50:57PM -0600, Randy Tijerina wrote:
hi friends. I'm jumping on the bandwagon here.
whenever I quit when I got skype7....it signs me out.
i guess I gotta update. any accessible updates?
and can I have some hints?

Level Access doug.lee@...
http://www.LevelAccess.com
"No person is your friend who demands your silence or denies your right to
grow." --Alice Walker

Owen Palamountain <owen72b@...>

Hi Stephen,

Thanks I have now got the scripts.