Topics

WHAT is this device?

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Curtis Delzer via Skypeenglish)...

Hi all. I bought this device when I lived in North Dakota, probably in
2012 to make calls using my land line phone. It has a plug to connect
into the router, has a molded plug which you use to plug it into the
wall, and two RJ11 telephone connectors on the back, plus a recessed
"reset" button.
Now, what I need is to gain access to it from my computer since it does
have a web interface if I do type the correct address into either IE, or
my run dialog. Only thing is, the reason I ask here is I had a computer
crash and all of the documentation went with my former computer.
If someone recognizes this device, can you help me find it's name etc.
and in that way maybe I can find my way to it's help page on the
enormous Skype site.
THANKS
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Brent Harding via Skypeenglish)...

This sounds like some type of analog telephone adapter. They are commonly
used for other types of voip. I have one, but it doesn't support Skype. Did
Skype actually have something like that?

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Curtis Delzer via Skypeenglish)...

Yes, definitely, I bought it from their web site.
It was used to make and / receive calls from Skype.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curtis Delzer via Skypeenglish" <skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com>

to contact skype support with any questions regarding your account email > en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

to modify yoru subscription visit the list info link at the bottom of this > email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password > each month.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (John via Skypeenglish)...

Do you have an iPhone?
You might be able to use the BeMyEyes app to have somebody possibly read the
moddle number so you can do a search for manuals and search for your
particular device.

http://www.dlee.org/skype

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Curtis Delzer via Skypeenglish)...

great idea, hmm, how obvious, and how right you are!!!
THANK YOU for this!
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (John via Skypeenglish)...

You are very welcome!
but yes, it is a VoIP adaptor for Skype and landline calls, that you can
plug an analog phone line into from what your description says

email > > > en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

http://www.dlee.org/skype

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Curtis Delzer via Skypeenglish)...

Ok, thank you again, John. It is called a "free-talk" device.
I need to go to the Skype web site and see if they still support it.
I'll be extremely disappointed if they do not.
-----

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michael Amaro via Skypeenglish)...

could it be magic jack?

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Curtis Delzer via Skypeenglish)...

Nope, I got it configured, though it is ALMOST no longer supported. The
"freetalk" device connects your landline to skype, and you decide by a
code whether or not you wish your calls to go through skype or your
landline. It works very well, is very speech friendly to get going, I
just forgot it's proper name. After it is connected to your rj100 on
your router, (from where it connects to skype) you just find it from
where it shows up in your networks as
FREETALK? Connect?Me Web UI
and when you find this, you press enter on that or double click, and up
comes a web page.
All you do then is enter your log on information for your skype and it's
practically good to go. You can also get into your skype account from
there, add to your credit, and a lot of nice things which aren't always
as easy to find from the skype page.

-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

could it be magic jack?

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Curtis Delzer via Skypeenglish)...

:) I forgot to mention the most important part! You connect your
cordless or corded phone to the device as wel. :)
duh? :)
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO