Topics

virtual audio cable?

ken lawrence

Hi list ken here with a question.  A few days ago a friend of mine from out-of-sight radio asked about how to broadcast a phone caller on air a good example is when we have our special giveaways.  I was only aware of either using a mixer which I don’t have or using my microphone and speaker.  She mentioned a program I never heard of called virtual audio cable.  Does anyone know about this program and can it be used to connect skype calls to be broadcast over the air without using mic and speakers.  In other words does it take the place of an external mixer if as I do you use the mixer in station playlist.  That serves me fine.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

Sure. I set my default to let's say line to, or my skype to line two or what not, then have my devices listen to line two if that makes sense, It's a bit confusing but no need to use repeaters and the like. I have 3 cables that do things you would not think possible.