Alan Conway

Hi everybody,

I need to update the command key in Skype in my computer.  The one that’s used now prevents me from writing certain accent signs when I’m typing in French.  I tried to get into the appropriate menu with insert V but it takes me to Quick Settings and when I look at all the options, I find nothing that will take me to the right place to update the command key.

Can someone explain what to do?

Alan

Jacob

It's no longer in the Quick Settings menu like it was in skype Classic. Press the default command key and then Insert+C. It'll bring up a box where you can change it.

OZ0TE Jacob

On 2019-04-30 at 18:30 Alan Conway wrote:

Hi everybody,

I need to update the command key in Skype in my computer.  The one that’s used now prevents me from writing certain accent signs when I’m typing in French.  I tried to get into the appropriate menu with insert V but it takes me to Quick Settings and when I look at all the options, I find nothing that will take me to the right place to update the command key.

Can someone explain what to do?

Alan

Doug Lee

Thanks for the help Jacob. :-)

For anyone curious, the reason it's no longer in the same place, is that "the same place" isn't the same anymore. :-)

The Insert+V, or JAWSKey+V command, used to bring up the JAWS Verbosity dialog, then the JAWS Options tree, and finally now the Quick Settings dialog. I managed to get the code for changing the Command key to work in the first
two of those, but Quick Settings is quite different and did not seem friendly to that sort of modification.

On 2019-04-30 at 18:30 Alan Conway wrote:

Hi everybody,

I need to update the command key in Skype in my computer. The one
that's used now prevents me from writing certain accent signs when I'm
typing in French. I tried to get into the appropriate menu with insert
V but it takes me to Quick Settings and when I look at all the options,
I find nothing that will take me to the right place to update the
command key.

Can someone explain what to do?

Alan

2. mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20Updating%20the%20Command%20Key
3. mailto:dx@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20Updating%20the%20Command%20Key

"I before E, except after C, or when sounded like A, as in neighbor
and weigh, except for when weird foreign concierges seize neither
leisure nor science from the height of society."

Alan Conway

Hi Jacob,

I tried it, but I must be doing something wrong.  When I`m in the Skype window and my keyboard is set to Canadian French, I press the command key and then control+c.  It doesn`t seem to bring up that box.  Am I starting from the wrong place?

Alan

On 2019-04-30 at 18:30 Alan Conway wrote:

Hi everybody,

I need to update the command key in Skype in my computer.  The one that’s used now prevents me from writing certain accent signs when I’m typing in French.  I tried to get into the appropriate menu with insert V but it takes me to Quick Settings and when I look at all the options, I find nothing that will take me to the right place to update the command key.

Can someone explain what to do?

Alan

Jacob

Insert+C not CTRL+C.

OZ0TE Jacob

Hi Jacob,

On 2019-04-30 at 18:30 Alan Conway wrote:

Hi everybody,

I need to update the command key in Skype in my computer.  The one that’s used now prevents me from writing certain accent signs when I’m typing in French.  I tried to get into the appropriate menu with insert V but it takes me to Quick Settings and when I look at all the options, I find nothing that will take me to the right place to update the command key.

Can someone explain what to do?

Alan

Alan Conway

Thanks Jacob.  It worked fine.