Typing sounder not working

Michele Barbi

Hi guys, related to Jerry's post I have to complement...

I can hear the sounds of incoming chat, the ones that aren't working now are typing sounder even if they're active in JAWS quick settings. I don't know if they're now language dependent, if so I think I'll write to Gianluca and ask if he will continue to translate the scripts, and if not I'll will possibly take his place.

Running Skype 8.71.0.49, scripts revision 188 and JAWS 2021.2102.

I don't immediately see a language-sensitive element in the typing indicator code; but the indicators work here, so I wonder if there is an issue in the translation anyway.

I am using Skype 8. Since yours is newer, that could also be the issue. I stopped using the Desktop, non-store, version because for some reason it stopped showing me some messages in one conversation that showed up correctly
in this one.

On Fri, May 07, 2021 at 11:28:34PM +0200, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hi guys, related to Jerry's post I have to complement...

I can hear the sounds of incoming chat, the ones that aren't working now are
typing sounder even if they're active in JAWS quick settings. I don't know if
they're now language dependent, if so I think I'll write to Gianluca and ask
if he will continue to translate the scripts, and if not I'll will possibly
take his place.

Running Skype 8.71.0.49, scripts revision 188 and JAWS 2021.2102.

"You must let me try, for a true soldier does not admit defeat before
the battle."
--Helen Keller (in a letter to the president of Radcliffe College)

Jerry Pryde

Thanks Billions.

I just updated the scripts.  Let's see what happens from here.

My mistake to some degree; I forgot to check for updates on the scripts.

On 2021-05-07 5:28 p.m., Michele Barbi wrote:
Hi guys, related to Jerry's post I have to complement...

I can hear the sounds of incoming chat, the ones that aren't working now are typing sounder even if they're active in JAWS quick settings. I don't know if they're now language dependent, if so I think I'll write to Gianluca and ask if he will continue to translate the scripts, and if not I'll will possibly take his place.

Running Skype 8.71.0.49, scripts revision 188 and JAWS 2021.2102.

Ok Doug, you probably have a lower version than mine. I sincerely never used the Windows store version, so I don't know which version there is now in this particular way, nor I know when updates are available from the store.