Topics

typing sound

Jerry Pryde

Hi all.

I've got the new scripts downloaded, and they work perfectly.

I'm using the latest Skype version, 8.55.0.141.

In a chat, the typing sound's gone.

Anyone no how to restore it?

Thanks billions as always.

Jerry.

Michele Barbi

Hi Jerry and all,

I also updated to Skype 8.55, but I figured out some other bugs, for example the split view auto-disaples after a system restart. I did not have chance todeepli test the chat feature, but I need to figure out if there's a bug in typing sounder as well. In the meantime, try pressing insert+v from within Skype, and make sure that the typing sounder option is enabled.

Bye!

Barbuz

--
Inviato da Thunderbird su Windows 10

Jerry Pryde

Hi, Michele.

It says the typing sounder's checked, so I assume it's enabled.On 2019-12-16 4:39 p.m., Michele Barbi wrote:

Hi Jerry and all,

I also updated to Skype 8.55, but I figured out some other bugs, for example the split view auto-disaples after a system restart. I did not have chance todeepli test the chat feature, but I need to figure out if there's a bug in typing sounder as well. In the meantime, try pressing insert+v from within Skype, and make sure that the typing sounder option is enabled.

Bye!

Barbuz

Michele Barbi

Ok, then I need to test it more deeply. Let's see if doug has any further news about it...

Bye!
Barbuz
--

Jerry Pryde

At least, when I'm in a chat, it says Typing when someone's typing.

I don't really need it to tell me who's typing when I'm in a chat window.  That's just my opinion.

On 2019-12-16 4:43 p.m., Michele Barbi wrote:
Ok, then I need to test it more deeply. Let's see if doug has any further news about it...

Bye!
Barbuz

Michele Barbi

Update: I just had a chat on Skype with a friend of mine and figured out that typing indicators no longer work for me as well. If you hear typing announcement, you probably have split view disabled. I am afraid Skype 8.55 effectively changed something and broke typing indicators functionality.

Bye!

Barbuz

--

Doug Lee

You are correct; this is a Skype 8.55 change. I was halfway through scripting to account for it when other things happened here and I had to put the project down for a bit. The first message in this thread is the reason I am
aware of this issue, because I didn't happen to chat much in Skype after upgrading to 8.55 myself.

Expect a script release soon, for this and a few other things.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 12:31:40AM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Update: I just had a chat on Skype with a friend of mine and figured out that
typing indicators no longer work for me as well. If you hear typing
announcement, you probably have split view disabled. I am afraid Skype 8.55
effectively changed something and broke typing indicators functionality.

Bye!

Barbuz

--

--
Doug Lee dgl@... http://www.dlee.org
Level Access doug.lee@... http://www.LevelAccess.com
"It's not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few accomplish
it after the age of six." --John W. Gardner and Francesca Gardner Reese

Jerry Pryde

Thanks, Doug.

Watching for the script update.

On 2019-12-16 6:50 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
You are correct; this is a Skype 8.55 change. I was halfway through scripting to account for it when other things happened here and I had to put the project down for a bit. The first message in this thread is the reason I am
aware of this issue, because I didn't happen to chat much in Skype after upgrading to 8.55 myself.

Expect a script release soon, for this and a few other things.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 12:31:40AM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Update: I just had a chat on Skype with a friend of mine and figured out that
typing indicators no longer work for me as well. If you hear typing
announcement, you probably have split view disabled. I am afraid Skype 8.55
effectively changed something and broke typing indicators functionality.

Bye!

Barbuz