Topics

typing sound

Jerry Pryde

Hi all.

I've got the new scripts downloaded, and they work perfectly.

I'm using the latest Skype version, 8.55.0.141.

In a chat, the typing sound's gone.

Anyone no how to restore it?

Thanks billions as always.

Jerry.

Michele Barbi

Hi Jerry and all,

I also updated to Skype 8.55, but I figured out some other bugs, for example the split view auto-disaples after a system restart. I did not have chance todeepli test the chat feature, but I need to figure out if there's a bug in typing sounder as well. In the meantime, try pressing insert+v from within Skype, and make sure that the typing sounder option is enabled.

Jerry Pryde

Hi, Michele.

It says the typing sounder's checked, so I assume it's enabled.On 2019-12-16 4:39 p.m., Michele Barbi wrote:

Hi Jerry and all,

I also updated to Skype 8.55, but I figured out some other bugs, for example the split view auto-disaples after a system restart. I did not have chance todeepli test the chat feature, but I need to figure out if there's a bug in typing sounder as well. In the meantime, try pressing insert+v from within Skype, and make sure that the typing sounder option is enabled.

Ok, then I need to test it more deeply. Let's see if doug has any further news about it...

Jerry Pryde

At least, when I'm in a chat, it says Typing when someone's typing.

I don't really need it to tell me who's typing when I'm in a chat window.  That's just my opinion.

On 2019-12-16 4:43 p.m., Michele Barbi wrote:
Ok, then I need to test it more deeply. Let's see if doug has any further news about it...

Update: I just had a chat on Skype with a friend of mine and figured out that typing indicators no longer work for me as well. If you hear typing announcement, you probably have split view disabled. I am afraid Skype 8.55 effectively changed something and broke typing indicators functionality.

You are correct; this is a Skype 8.55 change. I was halfway through scripting to account for it when other things happened here and I had to put the project down for a bit. The first message in this thread is the reason I am
aware of this issue, because I didn't happen to chat much in Skype after upgrading to 8.55 myself.

Expect a script release soon, for this and a few other things.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 12:31:40AM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Update: I just had a chat on Skype with a friend of mine and figured out that
typing indicators no longer work for me as well. If you hear typing
announcement, you probably have split view disabled. I am afraid Skype 8.55
effectively changed something and broke typing indicators functionality.

"It's not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few accomplish
it after the age of six." --John W. Gardner and Francesca Gardner Reese

Jerry Pryde

Thanks, Doug.

Watching for the script update.