Topics

Two announcements: https works on my website, and hotkey change in Skype 8

Doug Lee

Someone on this list recently had trouble finding scripts/add-ons on my website because of using https instead of http. https has become quite common nowadays, and sometimes preferred, for security reasons.

So I finally took the opportunity to get a certificate set up for my website. From now on, https://www.dlee.org should work as well as http://www.dlee.org. This applies to all URLs for scripts and projects I host.

Also while I'm making announcements: I observed recently that the Ctrl+F shortcut in Skype 8 for searching for contacts now searches conversations for text. The new keystroke for searching for contacts is Ctrl+Shift+S,
according to my testing. I don't know if or where this may be officially documented at this time.

"Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you
to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another's pain, life is
not in vain." --Helen Keller

Michele Barbi

Thanks Doug for the information, I just tested the hotkeys in italian Skype 8.32 and effectively the change is in effect here as well, so I reported on my italian Skype list.