skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Melissa STOTT via Skypeenglish)...

Exactly why I don't except contact request from people that I do not know.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 21, 2015, at 3:16 PM, ken lawrence via Skypeenglish <skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com> wrote:

Hi list, ken here. a strange one the other day a person wanted to add me as contact and I did but at about 2 hours apart for each this person messaged me with things like hey there or hello and in each case the person was offline. these messages again all happened at about two hour intervles how can someone message you if they aren?t online line. it?s as if the person had their skype set automaticly to message people every two hours. removed them from contacts do to suspicious activity. was this some kind of a spammer/stalker/sexual type?

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Well I don't know for sure Ken case, but I don't think the fact that it
shows as offline is sufficient to guarantee this is a spammer. Someone
could also be invisible, meaning that he/she can chat or call people but
does not appear online.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Shawn Klein via Skypeenglish)...

They were probably set to invisible. That being said, there's been a great
rise over the past few years of strange people adding you so they can try to
hook you with a phishing scam, they're often pornographic bots who have a
few stock phrases in their vocabulary. They shouldn't be hard to recognize
as such, but you can't just accept just anybody anymore and assume they're a
friend of a friend, or someone who got your name from this list or that that
you're on..

Shawn Klein

_____

Hi list, ken here. a strange one the other day a person wanted to add me as
contact and I did but at about 2 hours apart for each this person messaged
me with things like hey there or hello and in each case the person was
offline. these messages again all happened at about two hour intervles how
can someone message you if they aren't online line. it's as if the person
had their skype set automaticly to message people every two hours. removed
them from contacts do to suspicious activity. was this some kind of a
spammer/stalker/sexual type?

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Sarah k Alawami via Skypeenglish)...

I've messaged people when I was off line, except I was not off line. I was invisible. Yeah it looks liek a spammer. There is no way a scheduear exists for skype. I've googled for one myself. I think the person had a good sence of time.

Take care.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (steve troy via Skypeenglish)...

There is nothing stopping you from contacting anyone who is in your contact list, or that you have searched for, even if your status is set to invisible and they would show as offline to you.

Steve

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (ken lawrence via Skypeenglish)...

yeah caught one while this chick added me we were chatting on skype and she ignored the blindness references and gives herself away. I think this was the same type her or it?s skype name was Peachkitten56 or peach-kitten the chats popped up 2 hours apart as if on a timer smelled a rat and deleted. yeah the delete key is a handy dandy think on a keyboard ain?t it.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Shawn Klein via Skypeenglish)...

Well it wouldn't need to exist for just anyone. Or it could be just a
vanilla chat bot that can interface with the IM program of your choice.

Shawn Klein

_____

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Sarah k Alawami via Skypeenglish)...

If the skype's API is now defunked unless someone is using a cron job I don't see how they could do this. I'm not doubting, I am how ever trying to think outside the box.

Take care.

to contact skype support with any questions regarding your account email en_support at skype.net <mailto:en_support at skype.net>

http://www.dlee.org/skype <http://www.dlee.org/skype>

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com <mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com>

http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/ <http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/>

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Christopher-Mark Gilland via Skypeenglish)...

Could it possibly be that the person was set to invisible, so even though they were online, you'd not know it?

Chris.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Shawn Klein via Skypeenglish)...

Microsoft wants you to think it's defunct, but some functions of Skype
Talking still work, though it's pretty much useless, and Clownfish works
perfectly. They just wanted people to quit using it, they never bothered to
completely disable it. I think Skype kit still works too, people have been
using a pirate version of GW Connect for a while now.

Shawn Klein

_____

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Brent Harding via Skypeenglish)...

That's what I was going to suggest. As for the chat bots, unfortunately, they're still around, but not as much as they once were. I quickly pick up on that worn out scheme of them pretending to want to talk and get to know me, only to quickly direct me to some supposed web cam site that they say only wants your credit card info for age verification. I believe that nothing good would come out of entering their sites. They might be infected with malware, they might trick you into agreeing to a recurring subscription that bills if you don't cancel, or they might be out-right collecting card info so they can drain your account by using it elsewhere.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Christopher-Mark Gilland via Skypeenglish)...

I'm willing to add anyone who sends me an add request, however, my policy is two things.

1. I'll get to know you via text chatitng first before I accept your request. You know, just kind a drill ya a bit, to see if you really are legit.

2. If you send me an add request, but you just use the standard "Hi Twinklesfriend2007." (By the way, that's my Skype name for those who do! wanna add me.) "I'd like to add you on Skype," messages, you'll automatically get denied regardless. The least you can do, is tell me where, if anywhere specifically you know me from. Is it really that hard to edit that message before sending the request?

Finally, I do ask people please not to send me a video call request to answer unless you first chat me via text to see if I am presentable. I love doing video chat, but I might not always be where I can appropriately start my webcam.

And yes, I always do the same in return.

Chris.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Sugar via Skypeenglish)...

Thanks for the explaination

I still use skype talking and it's great for me

I appreciate the input

sugar

"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries.
Today's trouble is enough for today."

~Matt. 6:34-Sugar

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype