Topics

Split view in Skype 8 electron, did anyone test it?

Michele Barbi
 

Hello guys, if I am not wrong Skype introduced split view in version 8.51 of its program, did someone test it? Most of all, I am not able to activate it on my Macbook which I am currently using (tomorrow I’ll be back home so I’ll use my Windows machine), possibly because it hopened the help session in italian when I clicked “learn more” and its translated using an authomatic system.
Bye!
Barbuz

Jerry Pryde
 

I'm using Skype 5.80.0.38.

I can't find anything that shows a split view's available.

On 2019-08-16 4:16 p.m., Michele Barbi wrote:
Hello guys, if I am not wrong Skype introduced split view in version 8.51 of its program, did someone test it? Most of all, I am not able to activate it on my Macbook which I am currently using (tomorrow I’ll be back home so I’ll use my Windows machine), possibly because it hopened the help session in italian when I clicked “learn more” and its translated using an authomatic system.
Bye!
Barbuz

Michele Barbi
 

Ok, first of all I think you made a typing error when you wrote the version you’re currently running. If you use Skype 8.50 as I think, you’ll have to upgrade to 8.51 recently released. If you don’t see it through check for updates feature, you’ll have to download the installer from Skype website.
Bye!
Barbuz

Léonie Watson
 

I still get 8.50 when I try to download from skype.com. Is there a way to force it to download 8.51?

Thanks.

Jerry Pryde
 

I just downloaded an update this morning, and that's what I've got.

8.50.0.38

On 2019-08-16 5:20 p.m., Léonie Watson wrote:
I still get 8.50 when I try to download from skype.com. Is there a way to force it to download 8.51?

Thanks.

Michele Barbi
 

Ok, then try to use the installer provided by ninite.com. When I’m back home in the next days I’ll let you know furthr information about Windows, considering I managed to download Skype 8.51 for Mac from Skype’s website.
Bye!
Barbuz

Jerry Pryde
 

is it possible the version you're talking about is for mac only?

On 2019-08-16 5:45 p.m., Michele Barbi wrote:
Ok, then try to use the installer provided by ninite.com. When I’m back home in the next days I’ll let you know furthr information about Windows, considering I managed to download Skype 8.51 for Mac from Skype’s website.
Bye!
Barbuz