Topics

split view

Stephen Troy

Hi guys

In the wake of recent discussions, I thought some might be interested in this article sent to another list.

Skype Desktop App Receives Back Split View As you may already know, Microsoft is about to retire the classic Skype app in November 2018. One of its most popular features, Split View, is finally coming to the latest Skype Desktop.
Skype Desktop joins the Store app, which has received the same feature in October 2018.

The new Skype Desktop app has a very streamlined user interface. It follows the modern trend of flat minimalist design with glyph icons and no borders anywhere. This design is being used in all other Microsoft products. It is an Electron-based application. Split View is a special mode of the app that allows having each conversation in a separate window, rather than showing them all in a single window merged with the contact panel. The Split View feature is available in Skype Desktop starting with Insider Preview version 8.51.76.74.

As of this writing, this feature is exclusively available to the Skype App Preview program users. To try the feature, you need to click on the menu button with three dots ("...") and then select "Enable Split View mode" from the menu. After that, the main window will display your contacts only. Double-click on any contact to open a new conversation in a new window. To restore the default appearance, use the Open recent chats button available in the top left corner of any chat window. Also, the Split View feature can be disabled in the main menu ("..."). This new mode should be welcomed by users of the classic Skype app. Microsoft is actively working to move users from Skype 7 to the modern Skype 8.

inam din

Which fortunately I’m using and working fine for me and I’m very happy too.

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

Join me with my Skype ID:

charlsdarwin1

See me on facebook:

www.facebook.com/inamuddin786

Follow me on my twitter:

www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1

Mobile phone:

+92-334-3348409

Google voice:

+1-631-5335683

Well I sincerely don't understand whats happening there, as I said I am using Skype 8.51.0.72 and scripts 121 are working fine on my hand. Don't know if it makes any difference,

[...]

Mitchell

Hi what is split view and does it work with Josh 2018

On Aug 21, 2019, at 2:42 AM, inam din <inam092@...> wrote:

[...]

inamuddin khan

Split view means that every chat shows to another window.

This feature was very much popular in classic Skype which was retired by Microsoft in November 2018.

It has no relationship with any of screen reader.

This feature is Skype’s own feature.