Topics

skype would not install into the newest JAWS private beta 17

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (John Gassman via Skypeenglish)...

Doug,
I don't know if you can help on this one.
Your scripts did install into the first two JAWS 17 private beta builds.
But they will not install into this new build we got today.
they did install into JAWS 16 so something in this new build for 17
has obviously changed.
I'll paste in the log and hope that helps.
Do you have access to the JAWS 17 private beta build?

Install into JAWS folders 16.0|17.0.
Preparing for JAWS script compilation.
16.0:
User folder: C:\Users\Gassman\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu
Shared folder: C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu
Output folder: C:\Users\Gassman\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu
Installing files.
JAWSUtil command: compile skype_compat.jss skype_jcpdict.jss
Skype.JSS skypewatch.JSS
JAWSUtil command: chain "default" add skypewatch.jsb
17.0:
User folder: C:\Users\Gassman\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\17.0\Settings\enu
Shared folder: C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\17.0\Settings\enu
Output folder: C:\Users\Gassman\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\17.0\Settings\enu
Installing files.
JAWSUtil command: compile skype_compat.jss skype_jcpdict.jss
Skype.JSS skypewatch.JSS
Command returned 1.
Output:
SCompile exited with code 1

Error: Couldn't open function file builtin.jsd for reading

End of output.
Restoring this JAWS folder to its original state.
JAWSUtil command: chain "default" remove skypewatch.jsb
Command returned 1.
Output:
skypewatch.jsb not found.

End of output.
JAWSInstallDirs is C:\Users\Gassman\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu.
Only 1 of 2 installations succeeded.
Output folder: C:\Users\Gassman\AppData\Roaming\JAWS Scripts For Skype
Created uninstaller: C:\Users\Gassman\AppData\Roaming\JAWS Scripts
For Skype\uninst_JFW-Skype.exe
Create folder:
C:\Users\Gassman\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start
Menu\Programs\JAWS Scripts For Skype
Create shortcut:
C:\Users\Gassman\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start
Menu\Programs\JAWS Scripts For Skype\Uninstall JAWS Scripts For Skype.lnk
Writing log file.

John Gassman

JAWS Certified, 2014.