skype update problems

Gary Jackson

Hey all,

My skype  just updated to version: 8.67.0.99, and it has not let me sign in yet, after many tries. Is anybody else having trouble? It says that Doug Lee's scripts are loaded but I am not able to gwet to anything such as chat list.

Gary

Doug Lee

I just updated to 8.67.0.99 without incident, but mine signs in automatically. Let me know if this one resolves itself; I wonder if it's something like a busy Microsoft server that caused your sign-in to fail temporarily.

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 05:15:09AM -0600, Gary Jackson wrote:
Hey all,

My skype  just updated to version: 8.67.0.99, and it has not let me sign in
yet, after many tries. Is anybody else having trouble? It says that Doug Lee's
scripts are loaded but I am not able to gwet to anything such as chat list.

Gary

In laughter, love is found; but in tears, it is forged. (12/09/01)

inamuddin khan

Mine has just updated to Skype 8.67.99 and signed in without incidence too!

With regards from Inamuddin with the skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--

Doug Lee                 dgl@...                http://www.dlee.org

Level Access             doug.lee@...    http://www.LevelAccess.com

In laughter, love is found; but in tears, it is forged.  (12/09/01)

Jerry Pryde

Same here, complete with test call, and messaging.  It all seems to be working here as well.

I just updated to 8.67.0.99 without incident, but mine signs in automatically. Let me know if this one resolves itself; I wonder if it's something like a busy Microsoft server that caused your sign-in to fail temporarily.

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 05:15:09AM -0600, Gary Jackson wrote:

Hey all,

My skype  just updated to version: 8.67.0.99, and it has not let me sign in

yet, after many tries. Is anybody else having trouble? It says that Doug Lee's

scripts are loaded but I am not able to gwet to anything such as chat list.

Gary

--

Doug Lee                 dgl@...                http://www.dlee.org

Level Access             doug.lee@...    http://www.LevelAccess.com

In laughter, love is found; but in tears, it is forged.  (12/09/01)

Michele Barbi

Hi guys, I personally received a notification in Skype which was not very accessible, but after clicking I got updated to 8.67.0.99 without problems. What I noticed though is that in latest period they released many hotfixes for Skype 8.67, though apparently for Windows only.

Bye to all, and happy 2021!

Gary Jackson

I copied all of the speech history, it still fails to completely load. Tried the options to sign in with Gary Jackson, armadillo409. And then tried signing in with a different account and chose my account, armadillo409 but get the same results. Here's the history. BTW, did you guys have to enter your password twice? It seems to be asking for it twice here.

Skype cannot be used for emergency calling.
Sign in with Gary Jackson, armadillo409 Button
To activate press spacebar.
Use another account Button
To activate press spacebar.
Use your Skype or Microsoft account. Need help?
Need help? Link

Enter the password for armadillo409 password edit Required
Enter password Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password.
Type in text.
Pasted
Forgot password? Link
selected
Enter the password for armadillo409 password edit Required
Enter password Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password.
Type in text.
Forgot password? Link
Sign in with a security key Link
Sign in with a different Microsoft account Link
Sign in Button
To activate press spacebar.
file:///Index.html

On 12/31/2020 6:03 AM, Doug Lee wrote:
I just updated to 8.67.0.99 without incident, but mine signs in automatically. Let me know if this one resolves itself; I wonder if it's something like a busy Microsoft server that caused your sign-in to fail temporarily.

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 05:15:09AM -0600, Gary Jackson wrote:
Hey all,

My skype  just updated to version: 8.67.0.99, and it has not let me sign in
yet, after many tries. Is anybody else having trouble? It says that Doug Lee's
scripts are loaded but I am not able to gwet to anything such as chat list.

Gary

Doug Lee

That's honestly the sort of thing that would happen if the password is wrong or changed. Assuming the email address associated with the account still reaches you, you might try a password reset. I don't know why this issue
would coincide with a Skype update except that a Skype update of course forces Skype to restart.

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 12:30:02PM -0600, Gary Jackson wrote:
[...]

"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done, it was
done." --Helen Keller

Jerry Pryde

All I did was click on the notification thing, and let it install automatically.  It should load when I restart, which I haven't tried yet.

On 2020-12-31 1:30 p.m., Gary Jackson wrote:
[...]

I've reset my password and get the same exact results.

Gary

On 12/31/2020 12:45 PM, Doug Lee wrote:
[...]

Since this sounds then like a Microsoft issue, my next suggestion is the Skype Support page at https://support.skype.com/en/skype/all/

I was going to suggest the Disability Answer Desk, but that page says to go to the above page for Skype support and that the Answer Desk is not able to help with account issues.

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 01:15:01PM -0600, Gary Jackson wrote:
[...]

Reality is not what we see. Reality is what is, whether we see it or not.
(03/01/09)

Gary Jackson

Doug, can skype be re-installed by downloading the setup file and running it? Haven't heard that suggestion yet.

Gary

On 12/31/2020 1:24 PM, Doug Lee wrote:
[...]

I was just thinking about that.

Uninstall it, go to

www.skype.com

and download it direct.  I've done that with other versions and it seemd to work.

On 2020-12-31 3:42 p.m., Gary Jackson wrote:
[...]

I doubt a reinstall changes a login issue since credentials would be remotely validated; but yes, you should be able to remove Skype and reinstall it.

The Store version and the Desktop version have the same interface but are technically different applications by the way. This issue should also be immune to which of those you run. I've logged in from both myself with the
same account.

"Pray devoutly, but hammer stoutly."
--Sir William G. Benham