From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io <main@skypeenglish.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry Pryde
Sent: Monday, May 3, 2021 10:42 AM
To: Skypeenglish list <skypeenglish@groups.io>
Subject: [skypeenglish] Skype sounds

Hi all.

Has anyone noticed that the skype sounds aren't working?

There's no sound indicating a message, for example. The only sound that seems to work is the ringtone when a call comes in.

Jerry.

Michele Barbi

Hi guys, I sincerely need to test it more deeply because I don’t remember it well but I think they’re working ok on my Windows machine. Anyway, if you’re using version 8.71 that they recently pulled out, there is a sort of hotfix, so if your number ends with 36, try to download the installer from Skype’s website and you’ll get version ending with 49. Chances are they realized some bugs including this one.
Inviato da Lu MacBook

Jerry Pryde

Hi.

Thanks, but that's the one I've got.  Strange.

On 2021-05-03 3:35 p.m., Michele Barbi wrote:
Hi guys, I sincerely need to test it more deeply because I don’t remember it well but I think they’re working ok on my Windows machine. Anyway, if you’re using version 8.71 that they recently pulled out, there is a sort of hotfix, so if your number ends with 36, try to download the installer from Skype’s website and you’ll get version ending with 49. Chances are they realized some bugs including this one.
Inviato da Lu MacBook

Michele Barbi

Allright Jerry, I am on a conference with some people from Italy, a girl from Puerto Rico sent me a chat and sound worked perfectly. So yes, I am afraid you need to reinstall Skype; if you have the chance, in order to uninstall Skype use some utilities like Revo Uninstaller or Uninstaller by Puran which also remove files and registry keys from the app.