skype scripts not working

Gary Jackson

All,

skype was working fine a couple hours ago but now I can't get to recent conversations. I'm using version 8.77.0.97 and jaws 2021. The alt + 1 keystroke, for instance, does nothing. Any ideas?

Gary

Doug Lee

This is most curious and a bit concerning. I have received one other report of the Alt+1 issue in Skype 8.77; but I recently installed 8.77 myself and I am not able to reproduce that issue. Alt+1 works
for me as long as there is not a group chat currently on screen.

I am using the default Skype view, where chats appear inside the main window. Let me know if you are trying to do this in split view where the chats are in separate windows. I don't know if Alt+1 ever
worked from a separate window to jump back to the main one.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 01:14:15PM -0500, Gary Jackson wrote:
All,

skype was working fine a couple hours ago but now I can't get to recent
conversations. I'm using version 8.77.0.97 and jaws 2021. The alt + 1
keystroke, for instance, does nothing. Any ideas?

Gary

Freedom is not the ability to have what we want. Freedom is merely the
ability to seek it. To be free defines what we can do, not what we can get.
(03/28/05)

Alan Conway

Hello,

I just tried the keystroke after making sure Skype was only showing in one
window. It didn't work. To see the chats, I have to go to Chats and route
Jaws to PC, then go down to the bottom of the list that displays and route
PC to Jaws.

Alan

[...]

It was working just a couple of hours ago in split view, always has. I tried turning off split view with the same results. I just installed the latest, revision, 203, of the scripts.

Gary

On 10/26/2021 1:19 PM, Doug Lee wrote:
This is most curious and a bit concerning. I have received one other report of the Alt+1 issue in Skype 8.77; but I recently installed 8.77 myself and I am not able to reproduce that issue. Alt+1 works
for me as long as there is not a group chat currently on screen.

I am using the default Skype view, where chats appear inside the main window. Let me know if you are trying to do this in split view where the chats are in separate windows. I don't know if Alt+1 ever
worked from a separate window to jump back to the main one.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 01:14:15PM -0500, Gary Jackson wrote:
All,

skype was working fine a couple hours ago but now I can't get to recent
conversations. I'm using version 8.77.0.97 and jaws 2021. The alt + 1
keystroke, for instance, does nothing. Any ideas?

Gary

Michele Barbi

Hi guys, yes I noticed that too but I didn't know about scripts revision 203, so I was using 197, but I don't think I'll fix it by installing 203.

Doug, if you're using Skype 8.77, also verify the exact version number, considering that with 8.77.0.90 it worked ok, it began happening on 8.77.0.97. Effectively, when there aren't missed calls in reunion or something else, it works ok. BTW, the alternative is to re-activate virtual cursor, and in this case you don't need to route JAWS to pc.

My exact version number, where Alt+1 works as expected, is 8.77.00.97.

I just retested while making sure I'm using script revision 203. JAWS 2021. No problems. I'll probably get to a test under 2022 today or tomorrow.

Again though, Alt+1 is known to fail when a group chat is on screen, even under older Skype versions. That is on my list to examine. For now, I work around it by typing Ctrl+Tab until I have switched
to a non-group chat so that Alt+1 can work again.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 09:21:38PM +0200, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hi guys, yes I noticed that too but I didn't know about scripts revision 203,
so I was using 197, but I don't think I'll fix it by installing 203.

Doug, if you're using Skype 8.77, also verify the exact version number,
considering that with 8.77.0.90 it worked ok, it began happening on 8.77.0.97.
Effectively, when there aren't missed calls in reunion or something else, it
works ok. BTW, the alternative is to re-activate virtual cursor, and in this
case you don't need to route JAWS to pc.

"The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do
what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with
them while they do it."--Theodore Roosevelt

inamuddin khan

T is working fine in JAWS 2022.

Sent from Mail for Windows

--

Doug Lee                 dgl@...                http://www.dlee.org

Freedom is not the ability to have what we want.  Freedom is merely the

ability to seek it.  To be free defines what we can do, not what we can get.

(03/28/05)

Michele Barbi

Forgot to mention, I am using Split view mode as well. I am still with JAWS 2021, for the moment I don't think I can upgrade to 2022.

stewartross

hi good morning what is splitview and how does it work, i am on jaws 19, will that work with skype? on my pc
stew

Forgot to mention, I am using Split view mode as well. I am still with JAWS 2021, for the moment I don't think I can upgrade to 2022.

Ah, Alt+1 from a split-view chat window will not bring you back to the main window. I don't think that ever worked in Skype 8.x. I'm guessing it would be difficult to implement that in an Electron app.
Alt+1 only works in the main window.

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 09:17:28AM +0200, Michele Barbi wrote:
Forgot to mention, I am using Split view mode as well. I am still with JAWS
2021, for the moment I don't think I can upgrade to 2022.

"Is your cucumber bitter? Throw it away. Are there briars in your
path? Turn aside. That is enough. Do not go on to say, `Why were
things of this sort ever brought into the world?'"
--Marcus Aurelius

Michele Barbi

Hi Stewart,

Split view is a mode where chat windows are separate by the main Skype window. Concerning JAWS 2019, I think it will work, though latest scripts revision increased the minimum JAWS version supported. I think the earliest supported version is 2018 rather than 17.0.

Split view makes chat windows appear as separate windows when you use Alt+Tab. It is turned on and off from the menu that appears when you press Space on the "More options" button that you reach with
the Tab key after you pass the Mood Message button.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michele Barbi" <barbi.michele@gmail.com>
Forgot to mention, I am using Split view mode as well. I am still with
JAWS 2021, for the moment I don't think I can upgrade to 2022.

"When your best-laid plans have turned to dust, vacuum!"
- Whoopi Goldberg

Michele Barbi

Doug wrote:

"Ah, Alt+1 from a split-view chat window will not bring you back to the main window. I don't think that ever worked in Skype 8.x. I'm guessing it would be difficult to implement that in an Electron app.

Alt+1 only works in the main window."
I know what you mean my friend, but I am sure I am in the main window. What happens is that when there are some important notifications we need to use JAWS to pc or re-activate pc cursor. By important notifications I mean for example that a reunion is ongoing. Let me know if I need to organize myself in order to make a sort of audio demo for this.