Skype script installation check (was Re: [skypeenglish] Skype sign-in focus problem finally identified, workaround available)

Doug Lee

Luis, I remember you! Nice to see you're doing well. You sent this message to the SkypeEnglish list, where I am responding also in case these tips are useful to other people.

The best way to find out if my scripts are running is to type Insert+Q from within Skype. My Skype scripts, and pretty much all of my scripts, will respond by first giving a revision number and then the application name. If
you do not hear a revision number, my scripts are not running.

By "Microsoft scripts," I assume you mean the Vispero / Freedom Scientific scripts that now come with JAWS. If you are running my scripts, you are not running those.

If you need to install or re-install my scripts, just run the installer, from https://www.dlee.org/skype/ where the current release resides (there's a download link in the user guide you will see at that address), or from a
local copy if you prefer and have one.

If you run the installer when you already have my scripts installed, the installer will first run the uninstaller for the currently installed scripts. Let that removal finish so that the new installation will be clean of any
remnants from the current installation.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 05:29:00AM +0200, Luis Thorin wrote:
Hi Doug, how are you? This is Luis Thorin from Blind inc. I have been a
member of your page for a long time, and I need to make sure I am setting
everything up properly. I have done yearly backup and restoere and I need
to know how to verifyeverything is working with your scripts and then
there's the Microsoft scripts which I hope I am not using. How can I
re-install everything or check if everything is as it should be? Thank you.
I am living in Samos, Greece for the last 8 years. It is very nice here.
Please let me know if you are planning to come to Greece, and maybe we can
meet or talk. Have a great month. Luis

"Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you
to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another's pain, life is
not in vain." --Helen Keller