From: skypeenglish@groups.io [mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io] On Behalf Of
Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 3:52 PM
To: Skypeenglish list
Subject: [skypeenglish] skype is not syncing

Version: 8.32.0.44

Mac os 10.14 latest.

I notice that all of a sudden my skype is not syncing at all. I get the
messages on my phone but not on my mac. I forgot if there was a command
to sign out all of my devices except my computer. So what is up here and
how can this be fixed?

Take care and be blessed.

Sarah k Alawami

I'll do this but should in theory my skype sync on both my phone and my computer? I want it to do that by the way, but it is not working. And the "showplaces" command should that not be "/showplaces" Just want to make sure.

Take care

On 17 Oct 2018, at 1:12, Smiling? wrote:

1. Enter into your own Skype account from a computer, via the Skype desktop
client.
2. Open a random chat window.
3. Type the following command:
/showplaces
After sending a message, you should receive a response that shows you how
many places you are online. If you show that you are registered in more than
one location, type the following command:
/remotelogout
4. To make sure that you have successfully logged off from all other devices
except the current device, again execute:
/showplaces
again and you should see a message with just one device.

I notice that all of a sudden my skype is not syncing at all. I get the
messages on my phone but not on my mac. I forgot if there was a command
to sign out all of my devices except my computer. So what is up here and
how can this be fixed?

Take care and be blessed.

Smiling?

Just as it showed within my email, yes ma'am, /showplaces.

I notice that all of a sudden my skype is not syncing at all. I get
the
messages on my phone but not on my mac. I forgot if there was a
command
to sign out all of my devices except my computer. So what is up here
and
how can this be fixed?

Take care and be blessed.

Sarah k Alawami

By the way, the remotelogout is getting an "invalid command" message. Are we sure this still works? I saw myself signed into two places, one of them being faulse but my push notifications beeing true. I don't even see the /remotelogout command in the list of command when I type the slash key, just the three, that beeing refresh, me, and something else. I can't remember what now.

[...]

Interesting, guess the /remotelogout command no longer works. Guess I
should've tried it before posting.

I notice that all of a sudden my skype is not syncing at all. I get
the
messages on my phone but not on my mac. I forgot if there was a
command
to sign out all of my devices except my computer. So what is up here
and
how can this be fixed?

Take care and be blessed.

Sarah k Alawami

I wonder how i can get both to sync again? And I wonder why it failed in the first place?

Take care

On 17 Oct 2018, at 8:53, Smiling? wrote:

Interesting, guess the /remotelogout command no longer works. Guess I
should've tried it before posting.

I notice that all of a sudden my skype is not syncing at all. I get
the
messages on my phone but not on my mac. I forgot if there was a
command
to sign out all of my devices except my computer. So what is up here
and
how can this be fixed?

Take care and be blessed.

Smiling?

No ideas. If I discover anything I will share it though and hopefully so too
will all others.

I notice that all of a sudden my skype is not syncing at all. I get
the
messages on my phone but not on my mac. I forgot if there was a
command
to sign out all of my devices except my computer. So what is up here
and
how can this be fixed?

Take care and be blessed.

Sarah k Alawami

Ok, this gets odder and odder. I looked for the command list which I found here and it lists the remotelogout command but when I tpe it into my version of skype 8 it does not work at all. I have tosay my android device is turned off so that should not make any difference in theory, but thought I'd throw that out there.

[...]

No, it doesn’t seem to work at all any longer for Skype 8, it says invalid command or something to that effect.

I notice that all of a sudden my skype is not syncing at all. I get the
messages on my phone but not on my mac. I forgot if there was a command
to sign out all of my devices except my computer. So what is up here and
how can this be fixed?

Take care and be blessed.

Sarah k Alawami

Yep. I don't see a change in the help list, but yeah. Not even the /help command I was reading about works. And the the other commands are failing too.