Topics

skype for business 2015 JAWS Scripts

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Bharat via Skypeenglish)...

Hi all,

This is my first post to the group. Please help. We are using Skype for business 2015 at office. While I have seen a lot of scripts for the skype standard version scripts around, however, I wonder if there are any scripts available for Skype for business?

Hope to hear.

Thank you,

Bharat.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

I don't think... Or at least, I have no knowledge of it.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

What I've for years called "Skype for Business" is a trimmed-down
version of the Skype we know, long made available as an NSI installer
instead of an Exe.

Now though, I'm hearing Microsoft Lync 2013 is changing into "Skype
for Business."

I need to find out exactly what "Skype for Business" now means, in
this discussion and in practice out there. If anyone can point me to a
Microsoft page about this, please do so.

Until then, I am assuming my scripts for Skype work with Skype for
Business, because they have done so for years.

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
There is more freedom in knowing how to handle pain than in knowing
how to avoid it. (4/29/01)

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Bharat via Skypeenglish)...

Hi Doug,

here is my observation regarding the current release of Lync / Skype for
business. Recently Microsoft pushed an update to office 365 for business,
as a result of which Lync was updated to Skype. Since then I have realised
that while JAWS 16 announces it as Skype for business it retains the same
interface as that of Lync. further more, pressing Insert+q announces:
'Default Settings are loaded. the application being used is: Lync.exe. at
the time when I read the release notes,, it said that the Sys admins would
be able to decide whether they want the Skype interface or the Lync
interface. & it seems, in our case our Sys Admin has decided it in favour of
the Lync interface. would you recommend I install the Skype's latest scripts
to see if they work with Lync /Skype?

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

I delayed answering this because I fully expected to see an
installation of the new Skype for Business at a job site this week.
Unfortunately though, things did not work that way; the remote
collaboration I did used an IE plugin of some sort instead of what I
expected.

In any case, if the interface looks Skype-like, you could try my
scripts against it; but if the interface looks Lync-like (or very
non-Skype-like), chances are that would not help you and might
complicate things.

If you want to try the scripts against lync.exe, a quick way would be
to install my scripts normally, then create or modify ConfigNames.ini
in the JAWS user folder to make JAWS load the Skype scripts for Lync.
Do not modify ConfigNames.ini in the JAWS shared folder though. Also
do not just rename Skype script files to Lync, because that will break
things unless you know exactly which of those files to rename and
which to leave alone.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere."
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh {American Author}

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Bharat via Skypeenglish)...

Hi Doug,

I really wanted ot take up that experiment, however, couldn't muster the
courage, since it is my office laptop & any experiemtn may impact me
negatively if it doesn't really work out.

please let me know what else can I do to make it work better please?

Thank you,

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

I finally did see Skype for Business hit my laptop and that of some of
my coworkers. It is indeed more like Lync than Skype, so my Skype
scripts would not work for this.

I have been working more recently on Skype for Business scripts but am
not ready yet to release anything. I would say I'm getting close
though.

wrote:
I don't think... Or at least, I have no knowledge of it.
Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
The very smart may feel they have nothing to learn from anyone;
The very wise will find something to learn from everyone. (7/14/01)

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Bharat via Skypeenglish)...

You have no idea, how happy am i to hear of you working on these
scripts. I am absolutely sure, these scripts have a lot of commercial
value as well, considering so many people use skype for business for
their office use.

Please let me know whenever there are bunch of scripts. I am eagerly
waiting to hear from you.

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

This is an extremely late reply to an April 28 message to this list.
The question was whether there is support for Skype for Business 2015 (SfB),
the successor to Microsoft Lync 2013.

The short answer: Not then, but yes now. :-)

I'll explain where I support both Skype and SfB, detail the
differences between them, and close with some bullet points to
remember. From now on in this message, I will call Skype for Business
2015 simply SfB. In most cases, readers can assume that SfB also
includes Lync 2013 because they are so similar from an accessibility
standpoint.

http://www.dlee.org/sfb/

is where I host scripts for SfB (and Lync 2013 with the same scripts).

Note: SfB is completely different than Skype. SfB is the new name
for Microsoft Lync, which is an enterprise-level product whereas
Skype is consumer level. SfB is also completely unrelated to the
"Skype for Business" offering that the Skype company once put out,
which was simply a trimmed-down, business-focused version of Skype
that came as an MSI installer instead of an exe file and omitted
things like Facebook connectivity (even before all of Skype began
letting go of that).

Points to remember:

- I support Skype at http://www.dlee.org/skype/
- I support Skype for Business 2015 (SfB) and Microsoft Lync 2013 at http://www.dlee.org/sfb/
- The two are totally different applications.
- If your employer doesn't use SfB, chances are you don't either.
- I'm not sure what this SkypeEnglish list's policy will be regarding SfB support,
but I suspect SfB will be considered off topic here because it is a totally different application.
- I support scripts for both Skype and SfB at my @dlee_code Twitter.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Bharat via Skypeenglish)...

Hi Doug,

Thank you for writing back & more than that, actually for working on
the scripts. Like I mentioned before, all the people who are using SFB
are going to be greatly benefitted by these scripts.

I would certainly install them right away & report my findings. Please
let me know if we may continue to use this list to use these scripts
discussions.

thank you

On 8/22/15, Doug Lee via Skypeenglish

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Bharat via Skypeenglish)...

Thank you , Sarah! Really appreciated.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Bharat via Skypeenglish)...

Dug,

The scripts seem to be behaving the way they should. However, I have faced
one issue with the scripts, if a chat window is already opened but not in
focus, sometime if a message arrives in that window, sometimes jaws wouldn't
repeat the message that came in last but would rather the one came before
that.

Any ideas. Also, is it possible to disable the reading of time stamps along
with the messages?

Thank you,

bharat

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

There are two cases for a message arriving in a window that is not in
focus:

1. You are in a different SfB window, such as the main one, an Options
page, or a different chat.

2. You are in a totally different application.

For the second case, SfB itself entirely governs what you hear; I
didn't script that. For the first case, this should still be true; but
my code would be running and could at least theoretically impact
things.

Let me know if it matters which application you are in when you hear
the wrong message on the arrival of a new one.

As for timestamps, I can consider that but have not implemented that
to date.

--
Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"Characters live to be noticed. People with character notice how
they live." -- Nancy Moser

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Bharat via Skypeenglish)...

Hi Doug,

Today I installed JAWS 17 & after that I ran the installer for JFW for Skype
for business. But It generated the below error & did not install the scripts

------

Custom JAWS Scripts For Lync 2013 and Skype for Business, revision 254 ...
compile lync.jss lync_jcpdict.jss for JAWS 17.0 (enu) failed with error code
1.
The output (if any) can be found in the Details list.
Scripts will not be installed in this JAWS folder.
OK
----

Install into JAWS folders 16.0|17.0.
Preparing for JAWS script compilation.
16.0:
User folder: C:\Users\061398\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu
Shared folder: C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu
Output folder: C:\Users\061398\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu
Installing files.
JAWSUtil command: compile lync.jss lync_jcpdict.jss
17.0:
User folder: C:\Users\061398\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\17.0\Settings\enu
Shared folder: C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\17.0\Settings\enu
Output folder: C:\Users\061398\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\17.0\Settings\enu
Installing files.
JAWSUtil command: compile lync.jss lync_jcpdict.jss
Command returned 1.
Output:
SCompile exited with code 1

Error: Couldn't open function file builtin.jsd for reading

End of output.
Restoring this JAWS folder to its original state.
JAWSInstallDirs is C:\Users\061398\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu.
Only 1 of 2 installations succeeded.
Output folder: C:\Users\061398\AppData\Roaming\Custom JAWS Scripts For Lync
2013 and Skype for Business
Created uninstaller: C:\Users\061398\AppData\Roaming\Custom JAWS Scripts For
Lync 2013 and Skype for Business\uninst_jfw_lync.exe
Create folder: C:\Users\061398\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start
Menu\Programs\Custom JAWS Scripts For Lync 2013 and Skype for Business
Create shortcut: C:\Users\061398\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start
Menu\Programs\Custom JAWS Scripts For Lync 2013 and Skype for
Business\Uninstall Custom JAWS Scripts For Lync 2013 and Skype for
Business.lnk
Writing log file.

Please help.

Thank you,

bharat

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (inamuddin via Skypeenglish)...

Respected friend, make sure that you are using latest jaws script from
Doug's website.
It seams that you are not using His updated Jaws script for Skype.

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Bharat via Skypeenglish)...

Hi,

Thank you for the help.

I am specifically referring to Skype for Business here. Has Doug updated the
SFB scripts as well??

Thank you,

Bharat.

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com