From: Michele Barbi
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 10:33 PM
To: Skype English list
Subject: [skypeenglish] Skype blocks with NVDA

Hi guys,

a friend of mine is having a problem with latest version of Skype using

NVDA. He called me saying that with tab he was unable to manage

anything, and on an NVDA Remote session I discovered that Skype is

really blocked. I figured out that he had an old version of Skype addon

for NVDA and this was incompatible with NVDA 2019.3, so I updated it; I

also discovered that he has 73 unread conversations, and that he needs

to install authomatic Windows update, though they're already downloaded

and so the system asks for be restarted. Do you think that  one of the

two could be the problem? If it's the unread conversations, I am afraid

he will need to close his screen reader and search for sighted

assistance in order to mark them as unread...

Ok, thanks for the report, I actually don't know what the problem could be.