Skype being discontinued?

John Holcomb II

So someone on an earlier thread said something about Skype being discontinued.

Is this really the case? If so do you have a  source or link?

I know MS is really hanging their hat on Teams now but I’ve not heard that Skype is going away any time soon.

Thanks,

John

Doug Lee

Skype for Business, SFB, is being discontinued. The consumer Skype that we're talking about is not, to my
knowledge, scheduled for discontinuation at this time; but many people think that Microsoft Teams will
eventually replace it. I classify that as a rumor, even though there is some sense behind it.