Topics

skype 8 split view

Gary Jackson

When not in split view I have always heard message sent after pressing enter. Now, in split  view I no longer get a confirmation message. Any ideas? Also, where can I find the call sound when we recieve a message to reduce it's volume? It's very loud.

Gary

Doug Lee

The "message sent" notification is sent to a list control in the main Skype window. In normal view, that is in focus; so JAWS speaks it. I'm betting that JAWS ignores it in split view because it is usually a bad idea to speak
live updates in windows that are not in focus.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 11:10:54AM -0500, Gary Jackson wrote:
When not in split view I have always heard message sent after pressing enter.
Now, in split  view I no longer get a confirmation message. Any ideas? Also,
where can I find the call sound when we recieve a message to reduce it's
volume? It's very loud.

Gary

chain letter and a shouting match." -Andrew Kantor

inamuddin khan

This problem has nothing to do with JAWS script.

It is because of its own design.

Microsoft may fix it in near future if you people continue to ask to them.

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

Join me with my Skype ID:

charlsdarwin1

See me on facebook:

www.facebook.com/inamuddin786

Follow me on my twitter:

www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1

Mobile phone:

+92-334-3348409

Google voice:

+1-631-5335683

Well I sincerely don't understand whats happening there, as I said I am using Skype 8.51.0.72 and scripts 121 are working fine on my hand. Don't know if it makes any difference,

When not in split view I have always heard message sent after pressing

enter. Now, in split  view I no longer get a confirmation message. Any

ideas? Also, where can I find the call sound when we recieve a message

to reduce it's volume? It's very loud.

Gary

Joseph Weakland

so how can i get the desktop version of skype that has the split view or will that come down the pike in next skype update?

--
Joseph Weakland
email

inamuddin khan

Dear friend, according to Microsoft, they have pulled split view for the sake of more improvement, that’s why I recommend you to wait for the next version of Skype.

If you are more excited to see split view then and there, then you can use preview of Skype which is definetly has split view.

--

Joseph Weakland

email

josephweakland@...

sent from my windows 10 pc

matthew dyer

Hi,

I just got the update to skype 8.651 which has split view at least in my configuration.  If it was pull, that does not appear to be the case here and I am not running the opreview.  Thanks,.

Matthew

--

Joseph Weakland

email

josephweakland@...

sent from my windows 10 pc

inam din

Dear, the matter of fact is that I’m also using split view but when I contacted Skype technician, He told me that for the sake of more improvement they have removed split view from desktop of Skype.

It seams that Microsoft is  rolling this feature in phases.

--

Joseph Weakland

email

josephweakland@...

sent from my windows 10 pc

Stephen Troy

my friend and me, living in the UK, have recently updated to skype
8.51 and both have the split view feature. remember to look in "more
options" rather than view mode where you might expect to find it.

On 24/08/2019, inam din <inam092@...> wrote:
Dear, the matter of fact is that I’m also using split view but when I
contacted Skype technician, He told me that for the sake of more improvement
they have removed split view from desktop of Skype.
It seams that Microsoft is rolling this feature in phases.

At the end you ignore Her everything and click I agree button.

________________________________

Dear friend, according to Microsoft, they have pulled split view for the
sake of more improvement, that’s why I recommend you to wait for the next
version of Skype.
If you are more excited to see split view then and there, then you can use
preview of Skype which is definetly has split view.

At the end you ignore Her everything and click I agree button.
You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@...<mailto:inamuddin09@...>
outlook:
inam092@...<mailto:inam092@...>
[...]