Topics

Skype 8 Electron and its Jaws scripts

Moty Azrad

Hi all,

I had been enforced to update my old Skype version 7.4.

The version is Skype 8.37.

Is this the one I have in my machine?

I use Jaws19 and windows10 version 1809 with all the updates.

I installed the Jaws scripts 71 or something like that. Is it ok?

Or maybe there is a better script now?

I’m sorry that I ask this question now, because I didn’t use this list, for a long time.

Can I get some important shortcuts to use this new Skype 8 electron version?

Especially, how to answer a call and how to start a new call, Etc?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Moti

Moti Azrad

Musician and Piano-Tuner

motiaz@...

azrad_moty@...

motia@...

Israel

Michele Barbi

Hello,
yes the combination between Skype and scripts should be ok. For Skype native keystrokes go here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-keyboard-shortcuts-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype
In addition to them, some commands are sequences of keys beginning with the Skype command key, a left braket by default with english scripts, though you can change it if needed. For example command e moves to the chat edit box, and command h to the chat history. You can also refer to the JAWS scripts for Skype Electron users guide located at: http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/skypeelectron.htm

Gary Jackson <gljackson@...>

Moti said  his version is 8.37, is that right, the latest version? Mine is still 8.34.
Gary

yes the combination between Skype and scripts should be ok. For Skype
native keystrokes go here:
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-keyboard-shortcuts-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype
In addition to them, some commands are sequences of keys beginning with
the Skype command key, a left braket by default with english scripts,
though you can change it if needed. For example command e moves to the
chat edit box, and command h to the chat history. You can also refer to
the JAWS scripts for Skype Electron users guide located at:
http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/skypeelectron.htm

Smiling?

Skype updated to 8.37.0.98. Thursday at 4:32PM.

So says ninite.com anyway.

Moti said  his version is 8.37, is that right, the latest version? Mine is still 8.34.

Gary

yes the combination between Skype and scripts should be ok. For Skype
native keystrokes go here:
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-keyboard-shortcuts-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype
In addition to them, some commands are sequences of keys beginning with
the Skype command key, a left braket by default with english scripts,
though you can change it if needed. For example command e moves to the
chat edit box, and command h to the chat history. You can also refer to
the JAWS scripts for Skype Electron users guide located at:
http://wwwdlee.org/skype/electron/skypeelectron.htm

Gary Jackson <gljackson@...>

Thanks for the info.

Gary

Skype updated to 8.37.0.98. Thursday at 4:32PM.

So says ninite.com anyway.

Moti said  his version is 8.37, is that right, the latest version? Mine is still 8.34.

Gary

yes the combination between Skype and scripts should be ok. For Skype
native keystrokes go here:
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-keyboard-shortcuts-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype
In addition to them, some commands are sequences of keys beginning with
the Skype command key, a left braket by default with english scripts,
though you can change it if needed. For example command e moves to the
chat edit box, and command h to the chat history. You can also refer to
the JAWS scripts for Skype Electron users guide located at:
http://wwwdlee.org/skype/electron/skypeelectron.htm

Hey Gary and all,
for those who aren't able to autoupgrade it or if your updater does not report it, try going through Skype website and downloading it directly there. I always do this when Ninite tells me there is an update, because I don't know how to access it in italian, something similar to help menu.

Just run the inite installer that you did when creating theeninite installer with skype in it.

Take care

On 19 Jan 2019, at 12:26, Michele Barbi wrote:

Hey Gary and all,
for those who aren't able to autoupgrade it or if your updater does not report it, try going through Skype website and downloading it directly there. I always do this when Ninite tells me there is an update, because I don't know how to access it in italian, something similar to help menu.

Sarah I could do this as well, even if I only use Ninite as a source for seeing what's new...

Yep yep. I use ninite on all of my windows machines. My dad has a copy of ninite that he built with skype and other things he needs.

Anyway, Blessings and happy Saturday

On 19 Jan 2019, at 13:42, Michele Barbi wrote:

Sarah I could do this as well, even if I only use Ninite as a source for seeing what's new...

Gary Jackson <gljackson@...>

Thanks, getting it from the site is exactly what I had to do.

Gary

for those who aren't able to autoupgrade it or if your updater does not
report it, try going through Skype website and downloading it directly
there. I always do this when Ninite tells me there is an update, because
I don't know how to access it in italian, something similar to help menu.

inamuddin khan

Respected sir, please find my tutorial on you tube for that, type skype electron-inamuddin.

That tutorial will help you to learn how to use skype electron.

HTH

Sent from Mail for Windows 10