Topics

Skype 8.25

Michele Barbi

Hello guys,
did anyone test Skype 8.25 with SkypeTalking? I read that some utilities like Clisk do not work and I though it was because Skype no longer supports Skype api; I read though, that MP3 Skype Recorder is supposed to work with Skype 8.25 and also UWP.

Ok this one is a wake-up call to me! I see verification of your assertion, but until now I had assumed without question that MP3 Skype Recorder and all other API-dependent programs would not work at all in Skype 8 or UWP.

Initiating Microsoft queries for more info on this surprise...

The announcement of this support was posted on July 24, btw - about a week ago now. Makes me wonder if there is an API supported that has not been announced, or if an announced API supports more than I thought. Reference:
https://voipcallrecording.com/

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 10:21:30PM +0200, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hello guys,
did anyone test Skype 8.25 with SkypeTalking? I read that some utilities like
Clisk do not work and I though it was because Skype no longer supports Skype
api; I read though, that MP3 Skype Recorder is supposed to work with Skype
8.25 and also UWP.

The effect of putting your foot down is a bit hard to predict! (04/04/2012)

Michele Barbi

Effectively, this is what it says in the site you mentioned, which I recently read.
"MP3 Skype recorder v. 4.43 works with the following Skype versions:
- Skype app is a version for Windows 10 only. Tested with Skype version v.12.1815.2100.0
- Skype for desktop. MP3 Skype recorder tested with latest version 8.25.0.5
- Skype for business"

Indeed... but it looks like third-party developers of recording apps may not be using any sort of API at all. I'm still trying to get a direct answer from Microsoft on whether there *is* an API for this in Skype 8 or UWP, but
I'm thinking again that there is not.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 01:16:38AM +0200, Michele Barbi wrote:
Effectively, this is what it says in the site you mentioned, which I recently
read.
"MP3 Skype recorder v. 4.43 works with the following Skype versions:
- Skype app is a version for Windows 10 only. Tested with Skype version
v.12.1815.2100.0
- Skype for desktop. MP3 Skype recorder tested with latest version 8.25.0.5
- Skype for business"

"All these years, the people said, 'He's acting like a kid.'
He did not know he could not fly, so he did."
--Guy Clark, "The Cape" (Dublin Blues)