Topics

Skype 7.8 for windows desctop is out!

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (João Nuno Antunes via Skypeenglish)...

helo,
NVDA works good with skype, and windows 10.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Chela Robles via Skypeenglish)...

Weird it will not let me sign in it just says the word pain after updating. When I do an insert B I hear it say a URL which I cannot remember but has to do his mobile apps or something and then it tells me the sign in but I have no way of reading the fields like in prior versions I will download window eyes and see if it works with that screen reader on my end.

--
Chela Robles
Sent from my Fifth Generation iPod Touch

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

7.8 works well here according to some quick tests just now.

<[1]skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com> wrote:

helo,

NVDA works good with skype, and windows 10.

to contact skype support with any questions regarding your account
email [2]en_support at skype.net
[3]http://www.dlee.org/skype
[4]mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com
[5]http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/
to modify yoru subscription visit the list info link at the bottom of
this email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list
password each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.
om

References

1. mailto:skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
2. mailto:en_support at skype.net
3. http://www.dlee.org/skype
4. mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com
5. http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/
6. mailto:Skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
No one alive is beyond hope; every second of life is a chance.
(08/29/02)

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Chela Robles via Skypeenglish)...

Ok well perhaps I have been downloading the wrong one because when I did
a search with Cortana, it didn't list it as a desktop version, I went to
skype.com/go/getskype-full that is how I got it. Still won't work on my
end using an HPG72 laptop with Version 10 of Windows home premium. One
way or another I'll get this solved eventually. Thanks for the timely
response I appreciate it.

--
Teachers have a sacred task:
It is to give children the skills to understand the world and an expectation that the world is a trustworthy place; that it is full of light, and love, and music and that each student deserves--and will have--their own place in it and the chance to play their own song.
E-mail: cdrobles693 at gmail.com
Windows Live Messenger: cdrobles693 at hotmail.com
Skype: jazzytrumpet
I volunteer for Bookshare, to find out more and to volunteer with us,visit: http://www.bookshare.org/
Need more space, come join dropbox and start with two gigs of free space and 500 Megabytes as is this is my referral link to you: http://db.tt/XpUTe0E

1. mailto:skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
2. mailto:en_support at skype.net
3. http://www.dlee.org/skype
4. mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com
5. http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/
6. mailto:Skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Chela Robles via Skypeenglish)...

Yeah, it still doesn't work for me and I don't know why...it has not
been working for me since 7.7 came out and I was on Windows 7 before
upgrading to 10 of Windows. Weird. Glad it works for you guys
though...guess in the meantime, I'll do a clean uninstall of it and then
use the iOS version of Skype.

1. mailto:skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
2. mailto:en_support at skype.net
3. http://www.dlee.org/skype
4. mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com
5. http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/
6. mailto:Skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Nikos Demetriou via Skypeenglish)...

Hi.
I am having problems with some skype dialogues under windows 7 64 bit.
I don't know if the experience is better under 32 bit.
i am using nvda by the way but I tried with jaws demo with not much success.
Some of these dialogues don't read anything at all. For example skype home,
send feedback under help menu, the sign in screen etc.
I think with each version it starts gradually becoming much worst.
Nikos

1. mailto:skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
2. mailto:en_support at skype.net
3. http://www.dlee.org/skype
4. mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com
5. http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/
6. mailto:Skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Chela Robles via Skypeenglish)...

Finally I'm not the only one with this hard pressed issue! :-D I can't
sign in at all because of what this person said. So since I'm fortunate
to have an Apple iDevice, I'll start using the Skype app on it. In the
meantime, I'll contact skype support about this issue in detail and will
keep you up to date with this if there is indeed a work around or if
they will try to work on this. I truly thought I was going crazy on this
one for sure. Thanks for the confirmation!

E-mail: cdrobles693 at gmail.com
Windows Live Messenger: cdrobles693 at hotmail.com
Skype: jazzytrumpet

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Lee via Skypeenglish

1. mailto:skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
2. mailto:en_support at skype.net
3. http://www.dlee.org/skype
4. mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com
5. http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/
6. mailto:Skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
7.

to contact skype support with any questions regarding your account
email en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

Aha! That gave me enough information to figure out a common element:
These are all HTML areas, and it seems focus is not always set
correctly on them.

I have created a test script set for you two at
http://www.dlee.org/skype/jfw-skr916.exe

Let me know if that works better for both of you if you could please.

1. mailto:skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
2. mailto:en_support at skype.net
3. http://www.dlee.org/skype
4. mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com
5. http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/
6. mailto:Skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"It's not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few accomplish
it after the age of six." --John W. Gardner and Francesca Gardner Reese

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Chela Robles via Skypeenglish)...

I'll let you know with Windows 7 since that one has JAWS 15, no I've not
upgraded to 16, but if I ever do, I shall upgrade to Windows 10 on the
other laptop like I've done with NVDA on this one I'm writing from which
I can't run the scripts you gave us for JAWS seeing I'm running NVDA on
the HPG72, the other laptop the HP Probook 6570b is the one that is
Windows 7 still with JAWS 15 which I shall test out with those scripts,
as if I'm not sounding even more confusing already. Sorry for all the
troubles Doug. Thanks for all the work you do to make scripts for Skype
for JFW. I sure wish I could use Skype on the HPG72, it has a great
micr4ophone, whereas the other laptop has a not so good one...will look
for my headset and pray it still works.

1. mailto:skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
2. mailto:en_support at skype.net
3. http://www.dlee.org/skype
4. mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com
5. http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/
6. mailto:Skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Jim Grimsby JR. via Skypeenglish)...

First these are not dialogs.
These are html like documents. They must be reviewed with brows mode. I
can not reproduce any problems with any of these using the brows mode of
NVDA with skype.

The same is true for jaws.

One problem I have seen is sometimes skype does not focus the document.
If this happens you can do one of two things. First use split window view.
This means that each one of these documents will come up in it own window
that you can close if you like.
Second option is just press control 1 to focus the contact list if you are
using jaws and alt+1 for everything else.

Now press the option you want to see for example control h for home.

Using windows 10 skype latest version nvda 2015.3 rc1 and the next
branch. You can also use object review to work with this if you like.
Hth

1. mailto:skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
2. mailto:en_support at skype.net
3. http://www.dlee.org/skype
4. mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com
5. http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/
6. mailto:Skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

I think the test script version I publicized last night on this list
will eliminate or at least significantly minimize the focus issue you
mention here: http://www.dlee.org/skype/skype/jfw-skr916.exe

1. mailto:skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
2. mailto:en_support at skype.net
3. http://www.dlee.org/skype
4. mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com
5. http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/
6. mailto:Skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"Characters live to be noticed. People with character notice how
they live." -- Nancy Moser

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Bill White via Skypeenglish)...

Hi, Doug. When I use the link below

http://www.dlee.org/skype/skype/jfw-skr916.exe

I get a 404 NOT FOUND error. This is not a valid link for me.

1. mailto:skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
2. mailto:en_support at skype.net
3. http://www.dlee.org/skype
4. mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com
5. http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/
6. mailto:Skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
7.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

signature database 12130 (20150821) __________

http://www.eset.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

signature database 12130 (20150821) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12130 (20150821) __________

http://www.eset.com

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

I think I typed skype/ an extra time, sorry about that...

1. mailto:skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
2. mailto:en_support at skype.net
3. http://www.dlee.org/skype
4. mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com
5. http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/
6. mailto:Skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com
7.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"You must let me try, for a true soldier does not admit defeat before
the battle."
--Helen Keller (in a letter to the president of Radcliffe College)

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

If someone of you still encounter problems, this is the link for the latest Skype for Windows desktop: www.skype.com/go/getskype-full
Should work even this message is read when another version comes out, so I recommend you to save it some place.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Right Chela, when I come back home we will organize a Tandem Session if you do not manage to do anything, this will help me also figuring the Windows 10 interface in order to decide if/when to start the upgrade.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Ok, Ok I did not read every message yet, anyway my offer is still valid.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Hello guys, I came home last night from Greece, and now I am running
Skype 7.8 on my Windows seven machine, with no issues. I need to check
what is the concern about some unaccessible html alerts which I read
some time ago, but I do not have the issue described by Chela so it must
be a specific issue of her machine.
@Chela: In case you did not manage to fix it in the meantime, please
write me off list at barbi.michele at gmail.com, we will organize a Tandem
session, though I suspect that is something too strong for me but I
would like to check out anyway.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Chela Robles via Skypeenglish)...

Ok well I uninstalled it I really don't have a lot of time and plus it
is on the Windows 10 OS not Windows 7, I have no issues with Windows 7
and JAWS it is with NVDA latest release and Skype on Windows 10, don't
think it is my actual laptop issue but possibly a compatibility issue.
Only speculating, sorry I don't have time, will just use the iOS version
until that too is inoperable.
I'm searching for a job so don't have time to take you up on that kind
offer as of yet, but will email you privately when I do have the time.
Thanks all and God Bless.
Chela

email en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype