Topics

Skype 7.4 for Windows, with news about Facebook...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Hello guys,
on wednesday I discovered that Skype 7.4 has been released, and I
installed it for testing it out. Accessibility ok with latest scripts,
though there are some issues with Facebook cause FB is modifying
something. For now I can chat with Facebook contacts, but I think we
need to stay tuned. The thing is that from now on we're unable to post
Facebook statuses with Skype home, and to see FB statuses in that page.
Read on here for furhter infos.
http://community.skype.com/t5/News-and-Announcements/Important-notice-for-Facebook-users/ba-p/3951818

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (João Nuno Antunes via Skypeenglish)...

barbus, I allready instaled skype 7.4, my skype talking says who is signing
in and login out in my facebook and skype, but my jaws don't read my contact
lists

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Ok, please tell me which JAWS version are you using, and if using
scripts, also scripts revision.
Another thing, better to use scripts and Skype in the same language. If
you cannot use Skype in english and scripts are not translated in your
native language, think about doing it yourself...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (João Nuno Antunes via Skypeenglish)...

I'm using jaws 14, 32 bits, windows xp, I'm using portuguese scripts, my
skype is in portuguese language.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Ok, are you able to tell me the scripts revision you are using? Chances
are they're a bit old...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (João Nuno Antunes via Skypeenglish)...

I guess you're wrong, because allready tested with the latest NVDA version,
and the problem is the same.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Ok, then I hope you're not having issues with your OS... I am afraid
this case requires higher knowledge than the ones I have...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

One more thing... Are you able to read menu bar ok? If not, you might
have your language set to another one for whatever reason, such as
arabic... Much time ago I saw someone who had a similar issue...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (João Nuno Antunes via Skypeenglish)...

allready put it in to harabic, how do I set to a nother language? I can't do
enything

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Ok, press alt key, for times right arrow, then once down and once right
again. You should then find the list of available languages, choose your
preferred and press enter.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (João Nuno Antunes via Skypeenglish)...

no, it called someone, call me on skype, please. my skype is joao.nuno9

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Regimantas Ratkevičius via Skypeenglish)...

hi to change language from arabic to other press alt, then 4 times
left arrow then down arrow and left arrow and screan reader speaks
selecting language, then with down arrow select language you neaded
press enter.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (steve troy via Skypeenglish)...

Hi
Just out of interest, where in skype do you have to be to follow the above
steps?

If i'm in the main menu, and press alt, left arrow 4 times, down arrow once
and left arrow once more, i'm on calls.

Thanks

Steve

Behalf Of Regimantas Ratkevicius via Skypeenglish
Sent: 25 April 2015 05:12
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.
Subject: Re: [Skypeenglish] Skype 7.4 for Windows, with news about
Facebook...

hi to change language from arabic to other press alt, then 4 times left
arrow then down arrow and left arrow and screan reader speaks selecting
language, then with down arrow select language you neaded press enter.

<skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com>:
no, it called someone, call me on skype, please. my skype is
joao.nuno9 Thanks for posting to the skype english list.

to contact skype support with any questions regarding your account
email en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Jim Grimsby JR. via Skypeenglish)...

Hi,
I am having no problem what so ever moving around the contact list with
NVDa.
How exactly do we reproduce this problem? What version of windows?
Thanks.

Behalf Of Jo?o Nuno Antunes via Skypeenglish
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 3:00 PM
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.
Facebook...

en_support at skype.net