Topics

Shortcut for the back button doesn't work

Léonie Watson

Hello,

I've just installed Skype 8.55.0.141 on a Windows 10 machine with a fresh install of Jaws 2020, and version 137 of the Jaws scripts, and I can no longer get the control 1 shortcut to work. Instead I have to tab around to find the back button.

I've tried reinstalling both Skype and the Jaws scripts but it hasn't helped. I've restarted both my laptop and Jaws each time, but that hasn't worked either.

Help welcome. Thanks

Léonie.

--
@LeonieWatson Carpe diem.

Stephen Troy

that doesn't work for me either, and i'm sure it isn't active in this version.

On 24/01/2020, Léonie Watson <tink@...> wrote:
Hello,

I've just installed Skype 8.55.0.141 on a Windows 10 machine with a
fresh install of Jaws 2020, and version 137 of the Jaws scripts, and I
can no longer get the control 1 shortcut to work. Instead I have to tab
around to find the back button.

I've tried reinstalling both Skype and the Jaws scripts but it hasn't
helped. I've restarted both my laptop and Jaws each time, but that
hasn't worked either.

Help welcome. Thanks

Léonie.

--
@LeonieWatson Carpe diem.

Michele Barbi

I'm sorry, that might be something new to me...

Anyway, with Skype 8.x (not only 8.55), alt+1 should focus the conversations list, alt+2 the contact list. I never heared anything that you could do with ctrl+1 in Skype 8.

Léonie Watson

You're right, I meant alt not control.

On 24/01/2020 20:40, Michele Barbi wrote:
I'm sorry, that might be something new to me...
Anyway, with Skype 8.x (not only 8.55), alt+1 should focus the conversations list, alt+2 the contact list. I never heared anything that you could do with ctrl+1 in Skype 8.
@LeonieWatson Carpe diem.

Doug Lee

Léonie, I failed to answer this over month-old message; but typically, unanswered emails sit in my inbox until I do; and that happened here. I am slating for implementation in the Skype Electron scripts a faster way to click
the Back button, though I could not reproduce your specific issue myself. I'd be curious to know if this still happens to you. Sorry it took me so long to answer.

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 09:29:13AM +0000, Léonie Watson wrote:
Hello,

I've just installed Skype 8.55.0.141 on a Windows 10 machine with a fresh
install of Jaws 2020, and version 137 of the Jaws scripts, and I can no longer
get the control 1 shortcut to work. Instead I have to tab around to find the
back button.

I've tried reinstalling both Skype and the Jaws scripts but it hasn't helped.
I've restarted both my laptop and Jaws each time, but that hasn't worked
either.

Help welcome. Thanks

Léonie.

--
@LeonieWatson Carpe diem.

"There are no guarantees. From a standpoint of fear, none are
strong enough. From a standpoint of love, none are necessary."
- from Emmanuel's Book II

Stephen Troy

hi doug

ctrl1 doesn't work as a back keystroke for me either. I also have to
tab round to the back button.

I'm running exactly the same as leonie.

Level Access doug.lee@...
http://www.LevelAccess.com
"There are no guarantees. From a standpoint of fear, none are
strong enough. From a standpoint of love, none are necessary."
- from Emmanuel's Book II

Léonie Watson

It does still happen, but a bit of experimentation has found that maximising the window seems to solve the problem - although the default/original size of the window is perfectly normal according to sighted people I've checked with.

On 06/03/2020 14:27, Doug Lee wrote:
[...]

I'm sure the window maximizing thing means that window size can govern what's included in a window in Skype Desktop. Good to know; thanks for the quick reply.

And for all else watching, keep in mind that there was a typo in the message I was answering: Alt+numbers jump to parts of Skype, not Ctrl+numbers.

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 03:28:11PM +0000, Léonie Watson wrote:
[...]

"It is not the mountain in the distance which makes you want to stop
walking; but the grain of sand in your shoe." --Anon

Doug Lee

I am told that the Back button is no longer present in Skype for Windows Desktop as of at least Skype 8.58 if not 8.57. Léonie, do you still encounter difficulties with this? I was starting to implement a shortcut when I
realized I could not produce the button anymore myself.

[...]

No one alive is beyond hope; every second of life is a chance.
(08/29/02)

Léonie Watson

You're right, the back button doesn't seem to exist in 8.58! I haven't experienced any problems getting alt 1 to work lately though.