Topics

Setting up Skype

Georgie Mac
 

Can someone tell me why when trying to set up skype on my computer it tells me I need to pay?  I thought it was a fee exchange. Help with my confusion.

Thank you
 Georgi

Sarah k Alawami
 

Did you accidently dl skype for business? If so, you need to download the personal skype.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 11 Dec 2019, at 17:42, Georgie Mac wrote:

Can someone tell me why when trying to set up skype on my computer it tells me I need to pay?  I thought it was a fee exchange. Help with my confusion.

Thank you
 Georgi

Georgie Mac
 

No, this is for personal use.  Okay, call me confused.  I am putting skype on my computer for the first time and it won't let me unless I buy a number for 3 months.  I am new to this so any help is appreciated

Sarah k Alawami
 

How odd, I don't have that issue. You should just be able to set up a microsoft account, or log on with yours.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 11 Dec 2019, at 18:11, Georgie Mac wrote:

No, this is for personal use.  Okay, call me confused.  I am putting skype on my computer for the first time and it won't let me unless I buy a number for 3 months.  I am new to this so any help is appreciated

Georgie Mac
 

Okay, guess I should continue to try.  If you are thinking it is odd then maybe I am doing something wrong.  It just won't let me install it.  let me start with, It is free, isn't it?   I will continue to work with it.  Thank you  Sarah. 

Sarah k Alawami
 

Yes it is, and you should not need to get a skype number.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 11 Dec 2019, at 19:12, Georgie Mac wrote:

Okay, guess I should continue to try.  If you are thinking it is odd then maybe I am doing something wrong.  It just won't let me install it.  let me start with, It is free, isn't it?   I will continue to work with it.  Thank you  Sarah. 

Desert Moon
 

Hello Georgie and List,

Only Skype to Skype calls are free. If you venture into other Skype services, you need to pay for them. Take a look here:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/fa331/what-are-the-different-types-of-skype-subscriptions-and-pay-as-you-go-options

--
Desert