Topics

sdndint files

Jerry Pryde

Hi all.

Does anyone know how to send files via skype?

In skype classic, I just selected a file, and slected skype in the Send menues after using the applications key.

That doesn't seem to be there in windows 10.

Jerry.

Doug Lee

It's the "Add Files" button you Tab to from the input edit box in a chat.

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 03:39:28PM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
Hi all.

Does anyone know how to send files via skype?

In skype classic, I just selected a file, and slected skype in the Send menues
after using the applications key.

That doesn't seem to be there in windows 10.

Jerry.

"Pray devoutly, but hammer stoutly."
--Sir William G. Benham

Jerry Pryde

Do you type the name of the file, or ca:\ etc?

On 2020-03-06 3:43 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
It's the "Add Files" button you Tab to from the input edit box in a chat.

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 03:39:28PM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
Hi all.

Does anyone know how to send files via skype?

In skype classic, I just selected a file, and slected skype in the Send menues
after using the applications key.

That doesn't seem to be there in windows 10.

Jerry.

Jerry Pryde

PS:
When I type the name of a file, it says the fil'e not found.

But, it's in my hard drive.

On 2020-03-06 3:43 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
It's the "Add Files" button you Tab to from the input edit box in a chat.

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 03:39:28PM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
Hi all.

Does anyone know how to send files via skype?

In skype classic, I just selected a file, and slected skype in the Send menues
after using the applications key.

That doesn't seem to be there in windows 10.

Jerry.

Doug Lee

It's a standard file selection dialog I believe, which means the edit box would let you type a path, not just a file name; but that you could also Shift+Tab to a list, go back farther to navigate through folders, etc.

On 2020-03-06 3:43 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
It's the "Add Files" button you Tab to from the input edit box in a chat.

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 03:39:28PM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
Hi all.

Does anyone know how to send files via skype?

In skype classic, I just selected a file, and slected skype in the Send menues
after using the applications key.

That doesn't seem to be there in windows 10.

Jerry.

"The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do
what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with
them while they do it."--Theodore Roosevelt

Jerry Pryde

Thanks Billions.

It worked.  When I slected a file, it added it in the edit box. Clicked on Open, clicked the send file button, and Victory.

On 2020-03-06 3:43 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
It's the "Add Files" button you Tab to from the input edit box in a chat.

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 03:39:28PM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
Hi all.

Does anyone know how to send files via skype?

In skype classic, I just selected a file, and slected skype in the Send menues
after using the applications key.

That doesn't seem to be there in windows 10.

Jerry.

Octavian Rasnita

Or you can press Control+Shift+F and this will open the "Open file" dialog.

--Octavian

On 2020-03-06 3:43 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
It's the "Add Files" button you Tab to from the input edit box in a chat.

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 03:39:28PM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
Hi all.

Does anyone know how to send files via skype?

In skype classic, I just selected a file, and slected skype in the Send menues
after using the applications key.

That doesn't seem to be there in windows 10.

Jerry.

"The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do
what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with
them while they do it."--Theodore Roosevelt

Jerry Pryde

Just tried that.  Didn't work.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Lee" <dgl@...>

--
Doug Lee                 dgl@... http://www.dlee.org
Level Access             doug.lee@... http://www.LevelAccess.com
"The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do
what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with
them while they do it."--Theodore Roosevelt

Jerry Pryde

Never mind.  You're right.  I typed that command in the wrong field.  It works.

Thanks Octavian.

On 2020-03-06 3:43 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
It's the "Add Files" button you Tab to from the input edit box in a chat.

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 03:39:28PM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
Hi all.

Does anyone know how to send files via skype?

In skype classic, I just selected a file, and slected skype in the Send menues
after using the applications key.

That doesn't seem to be there in windows 10.

Jerry.

--
Doug Lee                 dgl@... http://www.dlee.org
Level Access             doug.lee@... http://www.LevelAccess.com
"The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do
what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with
them while they do it."--Theodore Roosevelt

Andre Polykanine

Hello Jerry,
I prefer doing it from Skype nowadays. If you're sitting in the chat
window, just press Ctrl+Shift+F, and an ordinary Open File dialog
opens.

--
With best regards from Germany,
Andre

Does anyone know how to send files via skype?

In skype classic, I just selected a file, and slected skype in the Send
menues after using the applications key.

That doesn't seem to be there in windows 10.

Jerry.

Jerry Pryde

Thanks Andre.

It works.