Topics

Scripts for skype 7.0.4.0.151

Jerry Pryde

Hi.

I'm using Skype 7.40.40.151 and it says the scripts aren't compatible with this version.

I think I have the latest scripts for skype 7.0.

Any ideas.

Jerry.

Michele Barbi

Hello Jerry,
I though Skype 7 was officially blocked as of november 1, 2018, but that's another topic...
Anyway, yes make sure which scripts revision you have, considering latest for Skype classic is 622b, revision 993. Try pressing insert+q from within Skype, and if you figure out you have a less recent scripts revision, try updating it. This is the direct download link for the installer: http://www.dlee.org/skype/classic/jfw-skr622b.exe
Doug, if you can read this thread, let me know if there is something to add.

Jerry Pryde

Thanks.

I have this version of the scripts, and I reinstalled them, just in case.

It still doesn't work.

On 15/11/2018 8:05 a.m., Michele Barbi wrote:
Hello Jerry,
I though Skype 7 was officially blocked as of november 1, 2018, but that's another topic...
Anyway, yes make sure which scripts revision you have, considering latest for Skype classic is 622b, revision 993. Try pressing insert+q from within Skype, and if you figure out you have a less recent scripts revision, try updating it. This is the direct download link for the installer: http://www.dlee.org/skype/classic/jfw-skr622b.exe
Doug, if you can read this thread, let me know if there is something to add.

Jerry Pryde

PS:

The scripts worked perfectly yesterday.

Today, they don't work for some reason.

Jerry.

On 15/11/2018 8:05 a.m., Michele Barbi wrote:
Hello Jerry,
I though Skype 7 was officially blocked as of november 1, 2018, but that's another topic...
Anyway, yes make sure which scripts revision you have, considering latest for Skype classic is 622b, revision 993. Try pressing insert+q from within Skype, and if you figure out you have a less recent scripts revision, try updating it. This is the direct download link for the installer: http://www.dlee.org/skype/classic/jfw-skr622b.exe
Doug, if you can read this thread, let me know if there is something to add.

Doug Lee

If the message you are getting is specifically, "These scripts do not support this Skype version," let me know what operations result in this message. There are ten points in the code that can cause that message. Most have to
do with handling chat messages and windows, but there may be other operations that trigger this message.

It would also help me to know when you last downloaded a Skype 7 update.

Finally, because one known cause of this issue is related to Windows MSAA support, two more questions: Have you rebooted since you ran into this problem, and have you recently installed or removed something called Mathplayer?

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 08:57:16AM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
PS:

The scripts worked perfectly yesterday.

Today, they don't work for some reason.

Jerry.

On 15/11/2018 8:05 a.m., Michele Barbi wrote:
Hello Jerry,
I though Skype 7 was officially blocked as of november 1, 2018, but that's
another topic...
Anyway, yes make sure which scripts revision you have, considering latest
for Skype classic is 622b, revision 993. Try pressing insert+q from within
Skype, and if you figure out you have a less recent scripts revision, try
updating it. This is the direct download link for the installer:
http://www.dlee.org/skype/classic/jfw-skr622b.exe
Doug, if you can read this thread, let me know if there is something to
add.

"There's no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he
doesn't mind who gets the credit." Ronald Reagan?

Jerry Pryde

Doug:

re Mathplayer: no.

I last installed skype 7.0 a little more than a month ago, and reinstalled the scripts; all this after a computer repare.

Yesterday, september 13, the scripts worked perfectly, and skype loaded with no problem.

So, this only happened this morning at about 6:30 Eastern time.

On 15/11/2018 9:30 a.m., Doug Lee wrote:
[...]

I have so far not heard of any problem like this elsewhere; we'll see if anyone else chimes into this discussion. I have not had Skype 7 on Windows for many months by now, so any scripting work I do for it now would likely need
to be through a JAWS Tandem connection.

Regarding the MSAA/Mathplayer issue: If you were suffering from that one, you would probably see a few other side effects, like TeamTalk or TeamSpeak scripts not working right, possibly a few website form fields not being named
correctly when they usually are, etc. That issue is global when it occurs, but its effects are hard for me to predict completely.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 09:52:33AM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
[...]

"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done, it was
done." --Helen Keller

Jerry Pryde

Doug:

I can do the tandum connection, I think.

I just need to know how.

Until this morning, all was well.

On 15/11/2018 10:13 a.m., Doug Lee wrote:
[...]

Now that it comes to my mind, you could try installing the MRW scripts, which stands for MSAA Registration Workaround. Here are more infos on these scripts usage and how to install those: http://www.dlee.org/mrw/

I thought of suggesting that, and it will be useful to see if installing those and activating the workaround will help; but I don't yet know how likely that is to succeed. I'm working on professional projects at the moment
though, so I won't be able to do anything significant with this for a while. The mrw idea might be good to try in the mean time.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 04:53:47PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Now that it comes to my mind, you could try installing the MRW scripts, which
stands for MSAA Registration Workaround. Here are more infos on these scripts
usage and how to install those: http://www.dlee.org/mrw/

Freedom is not the ability to have what we want. Freedom is merely the
ability to seek it. To be free defines what we can do, not what we can get.
(03/28/05)

Jerry Pryde

Does this work with JAWS 15?

On 15/11/2018 10:58 a.m., Doug Lee wrote:
I thought of suggesting that, and it will be useful to see if installing those and activating the workaround will help; but I don't yet know how likely that is to succeed. I'm working on professional projects at the moment
though, so I won't be able to do anything significant with this for a while. The mrw idea might be good to try in the mean time.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 04:53:47PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Now that it comes to my mind, you could try installing the MRW scripts, which
stands for MSAA Registration Workaround. Here are more infos on these scripts
usage and how to install those: http://www.dlee.org/mrw/

Jerry Pryde

PS:

I tried to install from that link, but it seems to indicate that this version of JAWS isn't compatible.

On 15/11/2018 10:58 a.m., Doug Lee wrote:
I thought of suggesting that, and it will be useful to see if installing those and activating the workaround will help; but I don't yet know how likely that is to succeed. I'm working on professional projects at the moment
though, so I won't be able to do anything significant with this for a while. The mrw idea might be good to try in the mean time.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 04:53:47PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Now that it comes to my mind, you could try installing the MRW scripts, which
stands for MSAA Registration Workaround. Here are more infos on these scripts
usage and how to install those: http://www.dlee.org/mrw/

15.0 is the minimum version of JAWS that should be supported; so yes, they should work there. I probably never tested the mrw scripts under JAWS 15 though.

Just as a gentle alert: I can no longer practically test scripts on my own machine against JAWS versions older than 18. Some of my projects are moving to cut off at JAWS 14 currently. The next cutoff line may be JAWS 15 but may
be a later version. I have not determined yet either when the next cutoff will occur or at which JAWS verssion. I do avoid cutting off old JAWS versions until I have a reason to do it, but then I tend to cut at a transitional
version for scripting features that I can use to improve efficiency, support newer application types, etc.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 11:09:05AM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
PS:

I tried to install from that link, but it seems to indicate that this version
of JAWS isn't compatible.

On 15/11/2018 10:58 a.m., Doug Lee wrote:
I thought of suggesting that, and it will be useful to see if installing those and activating the workaround will help; but I don't yet know how likely that is to succeed. I'm working on professional projects at the moment
though, so I won't be able to do anything significant with this for a while. The mrw idea might be good to try in the mean time.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 04:53:47PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Now that it comes to my mind, you could try installing the MRW scripts, which
stands for MSAA Registration Workaround. Here are more infos on these scripts
usage and how to install those: http://www.dlee.org/mrw/

"Characters live to be noticed. People with character notice how
they live." -- Nancy Moser

Chris <chrismedley@...>

Skype seems to be updating itself now without any interaction from the user

I would double check which version you are running now

Otherwise we are wasting our time here trying to figure it out without the proper information

I last installed skype 7.0 a little more than a month ago, and

reinstalled the scripts; all this after a computer repare.

Yesterday, september 13, the scripts worked perfectly, and skype loaded

with no problem.

So, this only happened this morning at about 6:30 Eastern time.

On 15/11/2018 9:30 a.m., Doug Lee wrote:

> If the message you are getting is specifically, "These scripts do not support this Skype version," let me know what operations result in this message. There are ten points in the code that can cause that message. Most have to

> do with handling chat messages and windows, but there may be other operations that trigger this message.

> It would also help me to know when you last downloaded a Skype 7 update.

> Finally, because one known cause of this issue is related to Windows MSAA support, two more questions: Have you rebooted since you ran into this problem, and have you recently installed or removed something called Mathplayer?

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 08:57:16AM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:

> PS:

> The scripts worked perfectly yesterday.

> Today, they don't work for some reason.

> Jerry.

> On 15/11/2018 8:05 a.m., Michele Barbi wrote:

>> Hello Jerry,

>> I though Skype 7 was officially blocked as of november 1, 2018, but that's

>> another topic...

>> Anyway, yes make sure which scripts revision you have, considering latest

>> for Skype classic is 622b, revision 993. Try pressing insert+q from within

>> Skype, and if you figure out you have a less recent scripts revision, try

>> updating it. This is the direct download link for the installer:

>> http://www.dlee.org/skype/classic/jfw-skr622b.exe

>> Doug, if you can read this thread, let me know if there is something to

>> add.

Michele Barbi

Chris wrote:

"Skype seems to be updating itself now without any interaction from the user

I would double check which version you are running now"

************
Ok Chris, thanks for letting us know.
Jerry, if this is the case and you've been autoupdated to Skype 8, watch out because the scripts for Skype electron require at least JAWS 17 as clearly explained on the system requirements section, because Skype 8 configures itself as a Google Chrome window.

Jerry Pryde

I'm using Skype 7.40.0.151.

On 15/11/2018 12:45 p.m., Michele Barbi wrote:
Chris wrote:

"Skype seems to be updating itself now without any interaction from the user

I would double check which version you are running now"

************
Ok Chris, thanks for letting us know.
Jerry, if this is the case and you've been autoupdated to Skype 8, watch out because the scripts for Skype electron require at least JAWS 17 as clearly explained on the system requirements section, because Skype 8 configures itself as a Google Chrome window.

Jerry Pryde

I tried to download the mrw scripts, and it seems to say it's not compatible with JAWS 15.

So, I uninstalled it.

Now, I can't get to my favorites on internet explorer.

It seems to have happened just after uninstalling the scripts.

Off topic, yes.

But, I can't seem to solve it.

Chris wrote:

"Skype seems to be updating itself now without any interaction from the user

I would double check which version you are running now"

************
Ok Chris, thanks for letting us know.
Jerry, if this is the case and you've been autoupdated to Skype 8, watch out because the scripts for Skype electron require at least JAWS 17 as clearly explained on the system requirements section, because Skype 8 configures itself as a Google Chrome window.

Jerry Pryde

Never mind the favorites problem.

It's solved.

Chris wrote:

"Skype seems to be updating itself now without any interaction from the user

I would double check which version you are running now"

************
Ok Chris, thanks for letting us know.
Jerry, if this is the case and you've been autoupdated to Skype 8, watch out because the scripts for Skype electron require at least JAWS 17 as clearly explained on the system requirements section, because Skype 8 configures itself as a Google Chrome window.

Jerry Pryde

Doug:

The MRW scripts:

Do they work with windows 7?

On 15/11/2018 11:22 a.m., Doug Lee wrote:
[...]

Yes.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 08:56:30AM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
[...]

"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit
of it. You have to catch up with it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin