Topics

Script download problem solved

Marius Swart

Hi all.  I am pleased to report that, after the latest update to AVG Antivirus, the problem I had experienced with trying to download the JAWS scripts for Skype seems to have been solved.

I have another issue now, and I believe other members of this list may have had the same problem.  When I open Skype and press Insert+Q to test if the scripts are loaded correctly, JAWS makes the following announcement:

Google Chrome settings, Skype.exe, S K Y P E.exe

I hear no revision number.  I’m running Windows 10 and JAWS 2018.  Any suggestions?

Marius

Doug Lee

I've heard of this a couple times in JAWS 2018, but I am not able to reproduce it here. I just now tried again and the scripts loaded normally. My best suggestion would be to see if the problem persists after a JAWS or system
restart, because I have definitely seen JAWS fail to register a ConfigNames.ini change before JAWS is restarted from time to time.