Topics

Revision 174 of JAWS Skype scripts released, to address six issues

Doug Lee

Yes, the subject says "six issues." Read release notes at http://www.dlee.org/skype#hist and download scripts from the download link earlier in that same document.

The main issue fixed here is of course the repeating "Skype" issue when you Alt+Tab into Skype. Curiously, that issue (as I said here last night) actually resulted from my rename of the script files; but I fixed it without
changing file names again. Other issues are documented in the release notes.

Installation: If you did not install revision 173, follow the directions on that web page for installing 173 when you install revision 174.
If you did install revision 173, just run the 174 installer and let it handle the details.

Finally, an apology: As I mentioned yesterday on this list, I did notice the repetition yesterday morning while starting this update. However, repetition does not usually bother me to the extent that incorrect or missing
information does; I guess I'm sort of used to tuning it out. As a result, the issue did not register on my radar as sufficient to stop the release; and amid all the details of updating JAWS scripts, NVDA add-on code,
documentation, mailing lists, Twitter, Telegram, etc., I rather forgot about the issue until Gary mentioned it here. I have since noticed that a number of folk are severely bothered by repetitions of this sort.

"I am a leader by default, only because nature does not allow a vacuum."
Bishop Desmond Tutu

Michele Barbi

Hello Doug, thanks for letting us know, going to upgrade scripts once again.

One question though: you wrote that it's tested under application version 8.61.100, though in my case it's 87 instead of 100. Do you still encounter some issues with hotkeys such as ctrl+shift+p or alt+numbers? If not, where can I find build 100 of skype?

I doubt that last number means much to us, but that of course depends on the specific company/product etc. I don't know how to find specific builds by number nowadays.

I haven't tried Ctrl+Shift+P since updating things, but Alt+numbers seem to work fine here.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 06:11:55PM +0200, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hello Doug, thanks for letting us know, going to upgrade scripts once
again.

One question though: you wrote that it's tested under application
version 8.61.100, though in my case it's 87 instead of 100. Do you
still encounter some issues with hotkeys such as ctrl+shift+p or
alt+numbers? If not, where can I find build 100 of skype?

1. https://skypeenglish.groups.io/g/main/message/4519
2. mailto:main@skypeenglish.groups.io?subject=Re: Re: [skypeenglish] Revision 174 of JAWS Skype scripts released, to address six issues
3. mailto:barbi.michele@...?subject=Private: Re: Re: [skypeenglish] Revision 174 of JAWS Skype scripts released, to address six issues
4. https://groups.io/mt/75216041/409874
5. https://skypeenglish.groups.io/g/main/post
6. http://www.dlee.org/skype/
7. https://skypeenglish.groups.io/g/main/editsub/409874
8. mailto:main+owner@skypeenglish.groups.io
9. https://skypeenglish.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

Time is the friend of one who is true, and the enemy of one who isn't.
(02/05/2010)

Bill White

Hi, Michele and list.

What is the latest version of Skype on each platform? | Skype Support

Latest versions

Android Phone and tablet

Skype for Android 6.0+ version 8.61.0.96

Skype for Android 4.0.4 to 5.1 version 8.15.0.430

Skype Lite version 1.84.0.1

iPad

Skype for iPad 8.61.0.99

iPhone

Skype for iPhone version 8.61.0.99

iPod touch

Skype 8.61.0.99

Mac

Skype for Mac (OS 10.10 and higher) version 8.61.0.95

Skype for Mac (OS 10.9) version 8.49.0.49

Linux

Skype for Linux version 8.61.0.95

Windows

Skype for Windows Desktop version 8.61.0.87

Windows 10

Skype for Windows 10 (version 15) 8.61.0.100/15.61.100.0

Amazon Kindle Fire HD/HDX

Skype for Amazon Kindle Fire HD/HDX version 8.15.0.419

Amazon Fire HD Tablet

Skype for Amazon Fire HD tablet version 8.15.0.419

Windows 10 Mobile

Skype 12.1815.210.0 for Windows 10

Xbox One

Skype for Xbox One version 12.1815.210.107

billwhite92701@...

On 2020-06-30 11:44 a.m., Doug Lee wrote:
[...]

Hi all, thanks for your responses. I then figured out why it is doing that, I was using Skype 8 for Windows desktop, formerly Skype electron, and not the Windows store one. Thanks Bill for sending this table.