Topics

question about the Skype Website

Josephine Hirsch

Hi all,

I tried to get my current Skype phone number to work on the Skype website. Once I paid for the credit and yearly subscription for my Skype account, I tried to make sure that the caller's ID is active, but it said that the phone number is unavailable and to try it later. I wouldn't get the code to activiate my current Skype phone number. I really need help with activating my current Skype phone number on the Skype website for the caller's ID stay active so that way I can send SMS to people who do not have cell p;hones for me to text from my current Skype number

Thanks,

Josephine

Michele Barbi

Hi Josephine, they probably need some time to complete the operation, such as one day or so. I don't use it now since my credit has been disabled since a long time because I was not using it, so I don't know if things changed now, but if my memory does not go wrong it was like that when I had to activate/change my number.

Josephine Hirsch

Hi all,

why deos it take a day to complete the order for Skype dredit and sburscription? Why did they ask for the code to activate the Skype phone number?

Thanks,

Josephine

On 7/31/2020 2:32 AM, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hi Josephine, they probably need some time to complete the operation, such as one day or so. I don't use it now since my credit has been disabled since a long time because I was not using it, so I don't know if things changed now, but if my memory does not go wrong it was like that when I had to activate/change my number.

If you received a code via sms and it asks you to confirm it in an edit box, go ahead; I think it's a security thing.

John Holcomb II

Also keep in mind those SMS do expire after a set amount of time, so you may need to re-generate that code.
John

If you received a code via sms and it asks you to confirm it in an edit box, go ahead; I think it's a security thing.