Topics

problems with version 8.59

Stephen Troy

hi doug and all

apologies for retracing recent steps but I i'm unable to find a
response to the below issue.

i'm running skype 8.59, script version 149, latest build of jaws and win10.

when skype is open, I get absolutely no response from anything,
including jaws, other than pressing the alt key and that only gives
me very limited access to the calls and view menus. oh, I can see quit
under the file option, so I guess i'm logged in!!

any advice is gratefully received

many thanks in advance

steve

Doug Lee

I'm not seeing Skype 8.59 in the Check for Updates for 8.58 yet, but I know that a few people have grabbed it directly from the Skype website.

Try toggling the restored/maximized state of the window and let me know if that helps. This is a test for an issue seen in Teams; I want to know if it is starting to apply to other Electron apps.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 12:14:42PM +0100, Stephen Troy wrote:
hi doug and all

apologies for retracing recent steps but I i'm unable to find a
response to the below issue.

i'm running skype 8.59, script version 149, latest build of jaws and win10.

when skype is open, I get absolutely no response from anything,
including jaws, other than pressing the alt key and that only gives
me very limited access to the calls and view menus. oh, I can see quit
under the file option, so I guess i'm logged in!!

any advice is gratefully received

many thanks in advance

steve

There is more freedom in knowing how to handle pain than in knowing
how to avoid it. (4/29/01)

Chela Robles

I tried what you said Doug and no go. :-(

On Apr 20, 2020, at 4:47 AM, Doug Lee <dgl@...> wrote:

[...]

Jerry Pryde

I'm still using Skype 8.5.8.0.98 with revision 137 with no problem.

On 2020-04-20 8:21 a.m., Chela Robles wrote:
[...]

thanks for the quick response.

nothing works to maximise/minimize.

however, not sure if chela is getting the same, when I press win b and
tap on notification button, it says skype minus signed out.

if I have the login details incorrect, which is highly unlikely as
I've never changed it, then skype isn't giving any notification at all
that the username or PW is incorrect or giving the option to try
again.

we simply have silence!!

Level Access doug.lee@...
http://www.LevelAccess.com
There is more freedom in knowing how to handle pain than in knowing
how to avoid it. (4/29/01)

Hamid

This happened to me in the past but I am not sure if it is relevant. Sometimes, toggling the virtual cursor on and off allows you to read text that is hidden in the beginning. Last month I signed out by accident and I struggled to remember my password. there was a message there in the page that asked me to update my e-mail retrieval details. I didn't notice it at first. I had to toggle the virtual cursor a couple of times and also alt tab away and back to Skype before I managed to read it.

Hamid

On 4/20/2020 2:43 PM, Stephen Troy wrote:
[...]

I’m logged in successfully however it is still unresponsive. No matter what I do even the virtual cursor and jaws cursor aren’t responsive. It’s like JAWS locked up when starting skype no matter what I do, so I end up bringing up task manager close the app, still no go. :-(

On Apr 20, 2020, at 5:52 AM, Hamid <aitouznaghamid@...> wrote:

[...]

Guys I am afraid there are two different problems. I found out a similar issue to what Chela is saying, meaning a sort of memory leak, with a friend using NVDA. BTW, I think I posted here about this issue, but then he told me that it fixed by itself in a couple of days.

About incorrect sign ins instead, I sometimes had these kinds of issues, latest one I think it was yesterday or sunday night. I do my radio program Rock the weekend on a dominican webradio, and so when I am onair saturday and sunday night I sign in to the radio account, and then I'll go again in my personal one after program. Doing this, I sometimes write password incorrectly without realizing, so I cannot see contacts online; when I quit and restart Skype though, I foind the window with a button that says, for instance, "Sign in as Radio espacial", like it happened latest time. If I already did program and should go back to my personal account, I then use the "Sign in with another account" button and put my login data.

Chela Robles

Well I only have one login credential set and it shows that I actually am logged in correctly it’s just not talking to me it says if my screen readers crash therefore I have been now using Skype for iPhone instead if I want to do Skype calls or chats until this gets fixed. And just so you guys know my thing auto updated before I could stop it. Before I was running I think version seven or 8.2 or something It was before 8.5 I know that for sure. And unfortunately I don’t have the executable to reinstall that version.

On Apr 20, 2020, at 7:46 AM, Michele Barbi <barbi.michele@...> wrote:

[...]

inamuddin khan

Respected friends,as far as my self is concern I am using the latest version of Skype and I have no problem at all.

With regards from inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

apologies for retracing recent steps but I i'm unable to find a

response  to the below issue.

i'm running skype 8.59, script version 149, latest build of jaws and win10.

when skype is open, I get absolutely no response from anything,

including jaws, other than pressing the alt key and  that only gives

me very limited access to the calls and view menus. oh, I can see quit

under the file option, so I guess i'm logged in!!

any advice is gratefully received

many thanks in advance

steve

Jerry Pryde

Hi all.

The latest version of Skype installed after restarting this morning.

I'm still using revision 137 with Jaws 2020.

So far, all is well.

Jerry.

apologies for retracing recent steps but I i'm unable to find a

response  to the below issue.

i'm running skype 8.59, script version 149, latest build of jaws and win10.

when skype is open, I get absolutely no response from anything,

including jaws, other than pressing the alt key and  that only gives

me very limited access to the calls and view menus. oh, I can see quit

under the file option, so I guess i'm logged in!!

any advice is gratefully received

many thanks in advance

steve

Stephen Troy

hi

sorry, forgot to say earlier, my skype is now working fine after
several restarts and reinstallations.

On 2020-04-20 3:17 p.m., inamuddin khan wrote:

Respected friends,as far as my self is concern I am using the latest
version of Skype and I have no problem at all.

With regards from inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Windows 10

apologies for retracing recent steps but I i'm unable to find a

response  to the below issue.

i'm running skype 8.59, script version 149, latest build of jaws and
win10.

when skype is open, I get absolutely no response from anything,

including jaws, other than pressing the alt key and  that only gives

me very limited access to the calls and view menus. oh, I can see quit

under the file option, so I guess i'm logged in!!

any advice is gratefully received

many thanks in advance

steve

Chela Robles

So, let me get this straight, in order for me to get Skype and say JAWS and or NVDA working again with Skype, I have to continually do this uninstall/reinstall process until it works? I have two laptops by HP that I may have to do this process on. Sounds like a hard workaround though.
I do notice that there are two flavors of the JAWS scripts on Doug's site, the one I have is for desktop labeled electron which may be 8.59 I think, and the other peeks my curiosity, think it's the UPW version. Never heard of this one. Is that for the windows 10 app from the app store?

On Apr 23, 2020, at 1:49 AM, Stephen Troy <stephentroy1961@...> wrote:

[...]

Try to use the latest JAWS script as well which is revision 49.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

apologies for retracing recent steps but I i'm unable to find a

response  to the below issue.

i'm running skype 8.59, script version 149, latest build of jaws and win10.

when skype is open, I get absolutely no response from anything,

including jaws, other than pressing the alt key and  that only gives

me very limited access to the calls and view menus. oh, I can see quit

under the file option, so I guess i'm logged in!!

any advice is gratefully received

many thanks in advance

steve

Michele Barbi

Yes, Skype UWP is the one for Windows 10 from the Store; there are reports saying it'll go shortly but at the moment there's no clear evidence of this.