Topics

Problems in updating Skype for iPhone

Michele Barbi

Hello guys,
I am encountering an issue in updating Skype for iOS to version 8.38, and apparently I'm not the only one person who gets it. Basically, even if it seems that the update went through, when I go for checking updates on my iPhone it appears again Skype. I am afraid the update has been badly uploaded in the Apple servers, since the situation is also as follows:
  1. some italian friends tried to uninstall Skype app and reinstall it with no result;
  2. I tried to open the application and figured out I still have 8.37 installed.
How should I go in order to report this issue? Most of all, should I report to Apple or Skype?

To cover both premisous here, I would report to both skype and apple just to be sure that somethingn didn't brkae. All of us on the windows side have ben having issues, not with skype so I won't be discussing that here, but that's whwat I would do for now anyway.

Take care

On 1 Feb 2019, at 3:11, Michele Barbi wrote:

Hello guys,
I am encountering an issue in updating Skype for iOS to version 8.38, and apparently I'm not the only one person who gets it. Basically, even if it seems that the update went through, when I go for checking updates on my iPhone it appears again Skype. I am afraid the update has been badly uploaded in the Apple servers, since the situation is also as follows:
  1. some italian friends tried to uninstall Skype app and reinstall it with no result;
  2. I tried to open the application and figured out I still have 8.37 installed.
How should I go in order to report this issue? Most of all, should I report to Apple or Skype?

Ok, thanks for the advice. I think for now I'll post on Facebook page of Skype, I don't have contacts with Apple, other than the accessibility email address, but it's not really an accessibility problem...

Good luck, and let us know what they say. That's an odd problem.

Take care

On 1 Feb 2019, at 13:46, Michele Barbi wrote:

Ok, thanks for the advice. I think for now I'll post on Facebook page of Skype, I don't have contacts with Apple, other than the accessibility email address, but it's not really an accessibility problem...

Guys unfortunately I did not manage to report the issue so I uninstalled Skype, but not I've been told that the issue has been fixed, so I reinstalled it and it's working properly. However, I think this is an Apple servers problem. since I read on Facebook that other applications are giving the same issue.