Topics

not sure if I have asked here or not

ken lawrence

Hi skype users something is driving me nuts.  Every time I sign into my skype and every time I sign out to sign into the radio station skype treats me like a first time user.  Test your audio and test your video come up sometimes that tips and tricks popup comes on and other times verify your number comes up.  I can understand it if lets say you move from skype 7 to 8 which are very different but every single time test your audio test your video the tips and tricks every so often and that verify your number.  It is very annoying especially when I sign into the radio skype to prep for a show.  It there some kind of a setting that will tell skype to stop this.  It’s not like I’m a newbie Huh?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Michele Barbi

Hey Ken, I sincerely don't know, I have the same situation where I sometimes need to swhich from personal to radio account but I don't have this continuous popups. I possibly had it for the first time but I don't remember how I fixed it because it's nearly one year ago I think.

Yeah. When you sign into a different account it forgets the settings of the other, there is no way around this as I have the same trouble with mac os version of skype.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 10 Jul 2019, at 14:21, ken lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi skype users something is driving me nuts.  Every time I sign into my skype and every time I sign out to sign into the radio station skype treats me like a first time user.  Test your audio and test your video come up sometimes that tips and tricks popup comes on and other times verify your number comes up.  I can understand it if lets say you move from skype 7 to 8 which are very different but every single time test your audio test your video the tips and tricks every so often and that verify your number.  It is very annoying especially when I sign into the radio skype to prep for a show.  It there some kind of a setting that will tell skype to stop this.  It’s not like I’m a newbie Huh?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mostafa

Even when you sign out and sign back in with the same account, Skype
prompts you to test your audio and video.

Is there a way to turn that off permanently?

Mustafa, Skype: ebob824@...

Yeah. When you sign into a different account it forgets the settings of
the other, there is no way around this as I have the same trouble with
mac os version of skype.

[website.](http://www.tffppodcast.com) This is also our libsyn page as
well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and tutorials go
[here.](http://www.tffppodcast.com/premium)
and for hosting options go [here](http://www.tffppodcast.com/hosting)

Our [telegram](https://t.me/tffppodcast) channel is also a good place
for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

[here](Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast)

On 10 Jul 2019, at 14:21, ken lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi skype users something is driving me nuts. Every time I sign into
my skype and every time I sign out to sign into the radio station
skype treats me like a first time user. Test your audio and test your
video come up sometimes that tips and tricks popup comes on and other
times verify your number comes up. I can understand it if lets say
you move from skype 7 to 8 which are very different but every single
time test your audio test your video the tips and tricks every so
often and that verify your number. It is very annoying especially
when I sign into the radio skype to prep for a show. It there some
kind of a setting that will tell skype to stop this. It’s not like
I’m a newbie Huh?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

ken lawrence

I noticed this morning with signing in on my account that didn’t come up but when I signed out to go onto the radio station account it came up that time then at the end of my show when I signed out of the radio station skype I went back into mine here it came again.  Didn’t see that tips and tricks didn’t come up but really don’t see the need for testing audio and or video and I don’t have a webcam hooked up anyway.  I do frequently demonstrate that the skype works by dialing the landline number connected to it for requests. So I know my audio works fine.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Even when you sign out and sign back in with the same account, Skype

prompts you to test your audio and video.

Is there a way to turn that off permanently?

Mustafa, Skype: ebob824@...

> Yeah. When you sign into a different account it forgets the settings of

> the other, there is no way around this as I have the same  trouble with

> mac os version of skype.

> Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our

> [website.](http://www.tffppodcast.com) This is also our libsyn page as

> well.

> For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go

> [here.](http://www.tffppodcast.com/premium)

> and for hosting options go [here](http://www.tffppodcast.com/hosting)

> Our [telegram](https://t.me/tffppodcast) channel is also a good place

> for an announce only  in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

> Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go

> [here](Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast)

> On 10 Jul 2019, at 14:21, ken lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:

>> Hi skype users something is driving me nuts.  Every time I sign into

>> my skype and every time I sign out to sign into the radio station

>> skype treats me like a first time user.  Test your audio and test your

>> video come up sometimes that tips and tricks popup comes on and other

>> times verify your number comes up.  I can understand it if lets say

>> you move from skype 7 to 8 which are very different but every single

>> time test your audio test your video the tips and tricks every so

>> often and that verify your number.  It is very annoying especially

>> when I sign into the radio skype to prep for a show.  It there some

>> kind of a setting that will tell skype to stop this.  It’s not like

>> I’m a newbie Huh?

>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

No. It will still forget yoru settings. So keep singed in and just go invisible.

On 11 Jul 2019, at 15:02, Mostafa wrote:

[...]

Guys, thinking about this problem I remember that each time I sign out from my account or from the radio one, a popup asks me if I want to keep in memory the settings for the account or something similar. Every time I get this popup I always click yes. If you get it as well try to do the same from now on; I can't help if you don't get it though.