Topics

need quick strokes for the latest dLee scripts

Steve Gladstone

Hi,

  1. Could someone please give me the specific basic steps to making an audio  call using the dLee latest 102 scripts update?
  2. How do I save a new contact to my list of contacts and rename it with the 102 scripts?
  3. What is the best way to access the dial pad and how to use it after calling a number?

Thx

Steve G

Doug Lee

I just answered your questions about editing contacts and adding numbers in another message. I'll tackle your calling questions here. Apologies for slowness btw; sorta got a flood of email in the last 24 hours or so.

Making calls involves finding your contact or conversation, pressing Enter on it to open it, then typing Ctrl+Alt+P to make the call. Do not forget to press Enter before typing Ctrl+Shift+P, lest you call the wrong person. If
it works right, you should hear your screen reader say, "Opening chat" and the conversation name. If it does not say this, or at least say "edit" indicating that you are in a chat input box when you press Enter, try again.

My scripts do not change the above directions, but they do let you use JAWSKey+T to check the name of the currently displayed conversation. This feature may not work immediately after you open a conversation from somewhere
other than the Conversations list, however. I have not managed to dig into why this is the case yet.

I'll let someone else fill in details on the dial pad. I have used it but can't currently remember the exact sequence.