From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io [mailto:main@skypeenglish.groups.io]
On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2021 11:01 AM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: [skypeenglish] Leaving the group and deleteing Skype

Well folks. After some thinking I'm removing Skype for good and leaving
this group. I know I don't have to write this message, but I wanted to
thank and give a hardy vitural handshake to Douggy Lee for writing the
awesomer than awesome scripts for JFW. I also want to thank Sarah for
running this ideration of the list and for Petros who used to run it
way, way, way back. Now with that said the future of Skype is as they
say dead in the water. In WIN 11 which is coming out in the fall will
not have Skype. Skype's audio quallity has nothing but piss poor. I've
not been happy with it for years now. I use Google Duo etc. on Android.
Also I downloaded MS Teams which if anyone wants to join me their go for
it. I don't see MS doing anymore development for Skype in 2022 and
beyond. Skype. You and I have been friends since 2004. Its like leaving
an old friend who's died. Some of you I've helped for many years like
Barbas. And with that I'm outa here. Find me on socials. I'll be their.

Jerry Pryde

I haven't checked it out yet.  But, somewhere in the options/settings section, isn't there a Classic option.  I thought I saw it there recently, but never checked it out.

On 2021-07-09 8:06 p.m., Kimmie wrote:
Well that was telling us wasn't it. In fact I have found that skype is just about the same as before, and it seems to be much easier to handle. Have I just got the patience or what? Remember how we used to use alt1 to find our favorite contacts, well it's back.

[...]

Doug Lee

Ah, Lino, in case you still see this... I've always seen you as both blunt and quick to move. This has pros
and cons of course.

I find that in Skype 8.72, the long hated delay on opening a new conversation is completely gone. This of
course does not by itself indicate that Skype will live forever, but I'd say it does indicate continuing
development.

I continue to use Skype, though I prefer Telegram and specifically Unigram these days.

On Fri, Jul 09, 2021 at 07:00:35PM -0400, Lino Morales wrote:
[...]

In laughter, love is found; but in tears, it is forged. (12/09/01)

Kimmie

If that's the case, I never found it that way. When I went for the update, it was already there.

[...]

That's probably true.  I only found it recently.

[...]

Mike Bernard

I'm currently running Skype version 8.73 and I've noticed that they finally brought back the check boxes where we can easily add people to the call that's currently in progress. This version appears to work fine with Jaws. However, it'd be nice if they'd bring back the start up and shut down sounds, as well as the ability to change skype sounds and give us back the sound that would tell you that someone is trying to call, even while you're already in an active call. I still have yet to find out what the mobile version of skype is like, but because of the darn touch screen keyboard, this is quite a challenege. I mean challenge. I think due to the multitudes of complaints sent in to them even by our sighted counter parts, they're slowly starting to get the message that they've got to put back the accessability. We'll certainly miss you Lino.
Mike

Do you like disco? Do you like to shake your groove with New Wave, 90s Hip hop, Or today’s slammin hits? If so, check out my show every Wednesday night from 7 to 10 pm Eastern on Sonic Radio:
www.sonicradio.rocks

[...]

John Holcomb II

Not me. I'll leave skype the day they shut it down.
Not that I talk to anyone on it lol.
John