Topics

Latest Skype update

Léonie Watson

Doug,

Don't want to raise alarm un-necessarily, but I think the update to Skype 8.38 today may have broken the scripts. I can no longer get my custom modifier key to work to take me to the message history, and it's intermitant for getting to the edit field too.

--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem

Doug Lee

I fixed this last week and recently put out on Twitter a reqest for testing help for this and another issue related to JAWS 18 and 17. I have not posted a proper release yet though because I got zero responses to that testing
request lol.

The test scripts remain for now at https://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/tst1.exe

On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 01:21:26PM +0000, L??onie Watson wrote:
Doug,

Don't want to raise alarm un-necessarily, but I think the update to Skype 8.38
today may have broken the scripts. I can no longer get my custom modifier key
to work to take me to the message history, and it's intermitant for getting to
the edit field too.

--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln

Stephen Troy

apologies doug, i don’t recall the emaiil.

On 6 Feb 2019, at 13:55, Doug Lee <dgl@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Doug.

I've installed those scripts with Jaws 2019 and they do solve the problems I was experiencing. The only thing of note is that my custom modifier key didn't carry through and I had to reset it, but that's easy enough to do.

On 06/02/2019 13:55, Doug Lee wrote:
I fixed this last week and recently put out on Twitter a reqest for testing help for this and another issue related to JAWS 18 and 17. I have not posted a proper release yet though because I got zero responses to that testing
request lol.
The test scripts remain for now at https://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/tst1.exe
On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 01:21:26PM +0000, L??onie Watson wrote:
Doug,
Don't want to raise alarm un-necessarily, but I think the update to Skype 8.38
today may have broken the scripts. I can no longer get my custom modifier key
to work to take me to the message history, and it's intermitant for getting to
the edit field too.
--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem

Sarah k Alawami

Have you tried restartingjaws, restarting skype, and restarting the computer, in that order? I have the update, used it yesterday and it works well with nvda.

Take care

On 6 Feb 2019, at 5:21, Léonie Watson wrote:

Doug,

Don't want to raise alarm un-necessarily, but I think the update to Skype 8.38 today may have broken the scripts. I can no longer get my custom modifier key to work to take me to the message history, and it's intermitant for getting to the edit field too.

--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem

Léonie Watson

Thanks Sarah. I had tried all of that except for rebooting. It looks like Doug's updated scripts solve the problems I was having though.

On 06/02/2019 16:04, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Have you tried restartingjaws, restarting skype, and restarting the computer, in that order? I have the update, used it yesterday and it works well with nvda.
Take care
On 6 Feb 2019, at 5:21, Léonie Watson wrote:
Doug,
Don't want to raise alarm un-necessarily, but I think the update to
Skype 8.38 today may have broken the scripts. I can no longer get my
custom modifier key to work to take me to the message history, and
it's intermitant for getting to the edit field too.
--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem
--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem

Michele Barbi

Stephen wrote:
"apologies doug, i don’t recall the emaiil."
Hey Stephen, no, really he asked it via Twitter. I sometimes point my browser at www.twitter.com/dlee_code and so I can see his recent tweets. There are two of them written last monday I think, asking for test of his new beta scripts for Skype electron.

Ah, glad you got it working. They fixed some mac bugs as well, and I'm really digging (tech term here) this version now.

Take care