Topics

Latest JAWS update

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Smiling? via Skypeenglish)...

Updated JAWS earlier today to the latest build and found that it wouldn't
read contacts, or anything in recent anymore. Could still use the Control+1
and Control+2 commands to get to these tabs so to speak, but it didn't read
anything other than the count of however many items there were, wasn't even
able to tab.

This is with both the latest builds of Skype and JAWS.

I just rolled back using System Restore, but I was wondering if any others
have experienced anything similar to this?

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Hey man, I am unable to test it because the very latest JAWS 16 build is
not available in my country yet, and I am running 16.0.2136 at the moment.
Why didn't you try running the scripts installer again instead of system
restoring? If you get your JAWS updated again, try this one.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Sarah k Alawami via Skypeenglish)...

I was going to ask if you have the latest scripts installed. If not go to the site at the bottom of every message and install the latest scripts from there. if that still fails let us know.

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (John Gassman via Skypeenglish)...

I am not having trouble at all with the latest JAWS update. I am
using Doug's scripts.
JohnAt 04:02 PM 7/2/2015, you wrote:

Updated JAWS earlier today to the latest build and found that it
wouldn't read contacts, or anything in recent anymore. Could still
use the Control+1 and Control+2 commands to get to these tabs so to
speak, but it didn't read anything other than the count of however
many items there were, wasn't even able to tab.

This is with both the latest builds of Skype and JAWS.

I just rolled back using System Restore, but I was wondering if any
others have experienced anything similar to this?

to contact skype support with any questions regarding your account
email en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

to modify yoru subscription visit the list info link at the bottom
of this email, or click the link in the email you receive with your
list password each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

JAWS Certified, 2014.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Smiling? via Skypeenglish)...

Yeah, was running the latest scripts.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Smiling? via Skypeenglish)...

Yeah, I did the idea with nothing different nevertheless, appreciate it.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Sarah k Alawami via Skypeenglish)...

Ok, next try a repair of jaws. Maybe something got corrupted, then reboot and reinstall the skype scripts, reboot and try running skype again.

Good luck

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Smiling? via Skypeenglish)...

Was thinking pretty much on the same lines, thanks and, a Happy Fourth to
each of you all regardless.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (steve troy via Skypeenglish)...

Hi

I downloaded the jaws update earlier and have not had any problems with
skype. I'm running the latest version of both.

Steve

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Raymond Lombardi via Skypeenglish)...

No issues for me as well.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Smiling? via Skypeenglish)...

Well, I went ahead and redid the update to JAWS and everything worked as it
should have. I was doing quite a bit during the update and figured it most
likely was something caused by that (which I've never experienced before),
but as the saying goes... first time yada yada. Thanks for all of your

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Robert Westfall via Skypeenglish)...

Sounds like something might have happened to the mirror driver jaws uses.
FS will be updating this so it works with the release of Windows 10.

So a repair should be your first option.

At worse case a clean install of jaws may be needed if this does not resolve
the issue. Also if you open the run dialog, windows key + R can you read
items in there?

email en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

email en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Raymond Lombardi via Skypeenglish)...

I have the latest version of Jaws 16 and skype works just fine for me.

email en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

email en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype