Topics

Keyboard commands for the NDA addon

Léonie Watson

I know most people here are Jaws users, but can anyone tell me about the keyboard shortcuts available for the NVDA addon for Skype that Doug produces?

Thanks.
Léonie.
--
@LeonieWatson Carpe diem.

Michele Barbi

Hi Leonie, I really don't think there are hotkeys since the NVDA add-on just gives you a better experience with Skype by avoiding double-speaking and so on. You can still use native Skype hotkeys anyway, like alt+1 for focusing the conversations list, alt+2 for the contacts, ctrl+shift+p for starting an audio call, etc.

Léonie Watson

Thanks Michelle. I couldn't figure out what the NVDA addon did exactly, so that's useful.

I do wish Microsoft would add shortcuts for moving directly between the history and message fields. I've asked them, but it never quite seems to materialise.