Topics

just installed 8.5

Sugar Lopez

Hi all

Just installed 8.5 and I need to know if anyone would be kind enough to tell me how to find my contacts?

I went to alt 2 but I can’t seem to find my entire contact list. Just the one’s who are currenly active

Any other tips to get around, would be helpful

Thanks

sugars

"Speak in such a way that others love to listen to you.

Listen in such a way that others love to speak to you."

🙏 I appreciate your friendship/support at:

-Sugar 😘

Michele Barbi

Hi Sugar, I think latest version of Skype is 8.64...

Anyway, in order to see all your contacts, you should press shift+tab from the contact list, when you hear "filter menu" press space on it, and in the context menu choose "Show all my contacts". It tells you inactive, you press enter to check it. I sincerely don't like this approach though, because with Skype 8.x if all your contacts are active the contacts are sorted in alphabetical order, so I decided to see only visible contacts and I prefer it that way. I can't see away and dnd ones though, but well I'm getting used to it.

Sugar Lopez

Great, thanks so much for this.
I will save this in my skype folder
sugar

- - Winnie the Pooh
🙏, 😘
-Sugar

Hi Sugar, I think latest version of Skype is 8.64...

Anyway, in order to see all your contacts, you should press shift+tab from the contact list, when you hear "filter menu" press space on it, and in the context menu choose "Show all my contacts". It tells you inactive, you press enter to check it. I sincerely don't like this approach though, because with Skype 8.x if all your contacts are active the contacts are sorted in alphabetical order, so I decided to see only visible contacts and I prefer it that way. I can't see away and dnd ones though, but well I'm getting used to it.

Kimmie

Yep it is.

Hi Sugar, I think latest version of Skype is 8.64...

Anyway, in order to see all your contacts, you should press shift+tab
from the contact list, when you hear "filter menu" press space on it,
and in the context menu choose "Show all my contacts". It tells you
inactive, you press enter to check it. I sincerely don't like this
approach though, because with Skype 8.x if all your contacts are active
the contacts are sorted in alphabetical order, so I decided to see only
visible contacts and I prefer it that way. I can't see away and dnd ones
though, but well I'm getting used to it.

Jerry Pryde

Hi all.

I think I just figured out something, and it might help a bit to understand the unwanted calls problem.

If memory serves, I think it was Steve:  there's a Skype number involved, much like a phone number complete with your area code.

Sounds like scammers somehow got that number, hence the calls; offers to do duct work, a fake problem with the IRS, or the CRA here in Canada.

If I'm right, the hang up command is your friend.

Jerry.

On 2020-09-29 11:45 p.m., Kimmie wrote:
Yep it is.

Hi Sugar, I think latest version of Skype is 8.64...

Anyway, in order to see all your contacts, you should press shift+tab
from the contact list, when you hear "filter menu" press space on it,
and in the context menu choose "Show all my contacts". It tells you
inactive, you press enter to check it. I sincerely don't like this
approach though, because with Skype 8.x if all your contacts are active
the contacts are sorted in alphabetical order, so I decided to see only
visible contacts and I prefer it that way. I can't see away and dnd ones
though, but well I'm getting used to it.

Jerry Pryde

And, the latest Skype version is 8.40.088.

On 2020-09-29 11:    45 p.m., Kimmie wrote:
Yep it is.

Hi Sugar, I think latest version of Skype is 8.64...

Anyway, in order to see all your contacts, you should press shift+tab
from the contact list, when you hear "filter menu" press space on it,
and in the context menu choose "Show all my contacts". It tells you
inactive, you press enter to check it. I sincerely don't like this
approach though, because with Skype 8.x if all your contacts are active
the contacts are sorted in alphabetical order, so I decided to see only
visible contacts and I prefer it that way. I can't see away and dnd ones
though, but well I'm getting used to it.

Smiling?

The version you posted unfortunately, is not the latest. The latest version of Skype is actually 8.64.0.88.

On 2020-09-29 11: 45 p.m., Kimmie wrote:
Yep it is.

Hi Sugar, I think latest version of Skype is 8.64...

Anyway, in order to see all your contacts, you should press shift+tab
from the contact list, when you hear "filter menu" press space on it,
and in the context menu choose "Show all my contacts". It tells you
inactive, you press enter to check it. I sincerely don't like this
approach though, because with Skype 8.x if all your contacts are
active the contacts are sorted in alphabetical order, so I decided to
see only visible contacts and I prefer it that way. I can't see away
and dnd ones though, but well I'm getting used to it.

Jerry Pryde

Yes.  I stand corrected.  Fingers and brain weren't connected, apparently. lol