Topics

JAWS scripts for Skype updated to address the ChromeLegacyWindow issue

Doug Lee

I said I wouldn't, then I did...

Skype script revision 178 is posted at http://www.dlee.org/skype/

This update includes the same sort of automatic fix that I put in the scripts for Microsoft Teams a few months ago. When Skype decides to act evasive and throw the ChromeLegacyWindow announcement at you, the scripts should
catch it, interrupt it, announce "Fixing window structure," and promptly fix the window to work normally. This should hold until Microsoft fixes Skype itself, as I expect they will just as they did for Teams.

There are other minor updates in this revision, detailed as usual in the Revision History section of the above page.

"I honestly believe it is better to know nothing than to know what ain't so."
- Josh Billings, 1818-1885 (in "Solemn Thoughts")

Léonie Watson

Thanks Doug. This works beautifully on the chrome window problem.

--
@LeonieWatson Carpe diem.

Jerry Pryde

Downloaded and running.

Thanks billions, Doug.

On 2020-08-12 4:38 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
I said I wouldn't, then I did...

Skype script revision 178 is posted at http://www.dlee.org/skype/

This update includes the same sort of automatic fix that I put in the scripts for Microsoft Teams a few months ago. When Skype decides to act evasive and throw the ChromeLegacyWindow announcement at you, the scripts should
catch it, interrupt it, announce "Fixing window structure," and promptly fix the window to work normally. This should hold until Microsoft fixes Skype itself, as I expect they will just as they did for Teams.

There are other minor updates in this revision, detailed as usual in the Revision History section of the above page.

Michele Barbi

Hi Doug and list, thanks for your effort, I’ll be back home on august 29, we’ll see if Skype natively fixes it in the meantime, if not I’ll immediately upgrade scripts.
Do they also fix the other issue of not reading the Skype window when going back in after minimizing it? In other words, are these two problems somehow related?
Inviato da Lu MacBook

Doug Lee

I think you're asking about the same issue: The ChromeLegacyWindow announcement occurs when Skype has been minimized.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 10:41:36PM +0200, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hi Doug and list, thanks for your effort, I’ll be back home on august 29, we’ll see if Skype natively fixes it in the meantime, if not I’ll immediately upgrade scripts.
Do they also fix the other issue of not reading the Skype window when going back in after minimizing it? In other words, are these two problems somehow related?
Inviato da Lu MacBook

The very smart may feel they have nothing to learn from anyone;
The very wise will find something to learn from everyone. (7/14/01)

Michele Barbi

Ok Doug, thanks for your response and sorry because I didn’t know they really were the same thing…
Inviato da Lu MacBook