Topics

JAWS script update released for Skype 8.55

Doug Lee

The JAWS script update for Skype 8.55 is released at https://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/

This update makes typing sounds and announcements work in Skype 8.55 as in previous Skype versions.

Also, a few extra things will speak as you navigate through a chat message list, such as the duration of a finished call and the amount so far played in a paused or playing voicemail. See the release notes at the above URL for
details.

"I honestly believe it is better to know nothing than to know what ain't so."
- Josh Billings, 1818-1885 (in "Solemn Thoughts")

Jerry Pryde

Doug:

I just tried to download the scripts.  It says the installer could harm the computer as it's not commonly downloaded, and won't uninstall or install the new version.

On 2019-12-16 8:39 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
The JAWS script update for Skype 8.55 is released at https://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/

This update makes typing sounds and announcements work in Skype 8.55 as in previous Skype versions.

Also, a few extra things will speak as you navigate through a chat message list, such as the duration of a finished call and the amount so far played in a paused or playing voicemail. See the release notes at the above URL for
details.

Jerry Pryde

I downloaded the installer, clicked on it, and windows defender kicked in and said Windows has protected your computer.

On 2019-12-16 8:39 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
The JAWS script update for Skype 8.55 is released at https://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/

This update makes typing sounds and announcements work in Skype 8.55 as in previous Skype versions.

Also, a few extra things will speak as you navigate through a chat message list, such as the duration of a finished call and the amount so far played in a paused or playing voicemail. See the release notes at the above URL for
details.

Doug Lee

It's "not commonly downloaded" yet because until a few minutes ago it didn't exist. :-)

The "Windows has protected your PC" message is one I see often when launching installers and programs downloaded from the Internet. If you are unsure whether the file is safe, you should of course not run it. Windows is trying
to help avoid virus and malware attacks by warning users when they are about to run something that came from the Internet. However, the message is not itself an indication that the installer is infected or malicious.

On 2019-12-16 8:39 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
The JAWS script update for Skype 8.55 is released at https://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/

This update makes typing sounds and announcements work in Skype 8.55 as in previous Skype versions.

Also, a few extra things will speak as you navigate through a chat message list, such as the duration of a finished call and the amount so far played in a paused or playing voicemail. See the release notes at the above URL for
details.

Time is the friend of one who is true, and the enemy of one who isn't.
(02/05/2010)

Jerry Pryde

Do I just keep trying until it works?

On 2019-12-16 8:39 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
The JAWS script update for Skype 8.55 is released at https://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/

This update makes typing sounds and announcements work in Skype 8.55 as in previous Skype versions.

Also, a few extra things will speak as you navigate through a chat message list, such as the duration of a finished call and the amount so far played in a paused or playing voicemail. See the release notes at the above URL for
details.

Stephen Troy

hi Gerry and all

if you get the message that windows has defended your computer, press
alt n and arrow or tab to the more link and enter. tab again and you
will see an option to install anyway.

steve

Level Access doug.lee@...
http://www.LevelAccess.com