Jaws crashing with skype

Gary Jackson

Hello all,

This just started today, I believe. When I'm in the skype main window, if I route  the jaws curser to the pc curser jaws goes silent for up to 2 minutes. I tested this with both jaws 2022 and 2021. I also tested it with both versions with default settings loaded. Any ideas

Gary

Doug Lee

I've seen that issue, in Skype and other Electron-based apps, for a long time. The JAWS and invisible cursors
are not reliable in this environment in my experience. The virtual, PC, and touch cursors are usable though.

On Sat, Nov 06, 2021 at 08:50:14PM -0500, Gary Jackson wrote:
Hello all,

This just started today, I believe. When I'm in the skype main window, if I
route  the jaws curser to the pc curser jaws goes silent for up to 2 minutes.
I tested this with both jaws 2022 and 2021. I also tested it with both
versions with default settings loaded. Any ideas

Gary

"Characters live to be noticed. People with character notice how
they live." -- Nancy Moser

Michele Barbi

Guys yeah I noticed this JAWS cursor issue too when I had that issue of reading conversations, but only when there was a call actually on.

Gary Jackson

Michele,

It only happens if you have an active voice conversation going? Not here. It happens all the time with  no conversation. Strange, it just started happening in the last few days. Before that it worked well. I was using your method of routing jaws to pc to find contacts and then reversing that such as routing pc back  with insert num pad plus. Then the conversation list worked well.

Gary

On 11/7/2021 2:47 AM, Michele Barbi wrote:
Guys yeah I noticed this JAWS cursor issue too when I had that issue of reading conversations, but only when there was a call actually on.

Hi Gary, I just tested JAWS cursor and on my hand it works fine. Anyway, if you didn't already, try to upgrade Skype to 8.78, lists should work better now even without routing cursors. If you have the impression they won't work, just go around with tab.

Gary Jackson

Michele,

Thanks. For the time being anyway, that works like a charm. I didn't know I wasn't on the latest version but updating it to 878 worked nicely.

Gary

On 11/7/2021 3:25 AM, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hi Gary, I just tested JAWS cursor and on my hand it works fine. Anyway, if you didn't already, try to upgrade Skype to 8.78, lists should work better now even without routing cursors. If you have the impression they won't work, just go around with tab.

Sugar

wow, I just turned on Skype for after a long time of not useing it
and now it's all knew to me
I signed in and then I am stuck
don't know where is what and how to find anything
not even sure I have the right scripts
can someone help?

- - Winnie the Pooh

Please walk with me through a second chance of life:

-Sugar, ❤😘

Guys yeah I noticed this JAWS cursor issue too when I had that issue of reading conversations, but only when there was a call actually on.

You actually hijacked a thread. Please start a new one with your question to keep the archives organized.

From your very jetlagged admin.

You actually hijacked a thread. Please start a new one with your question to keep the archives organized.

From your very jetlagged admin.