Topics

JAWS 16 (for windows10) and Skype version

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Don & Cher via Skypeenglish)...

Haven't used Skype in 3 years and need to install. For latest JFW, which
version of Skype and do I need scripts? Thanks.

Cher

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Hello,
I use JAWS 16 latest build with Skype 7.6 latest version, and scripts
revision 893 which is the latest one. It seems to me it's a good
combination, even if I am still using Windows 7 x64.
JAWS 15+ should have scripts preinstalled, but I prefer using third
party ones.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (steve troy via Skypeenglish)...

Hi

The latest skype version is 7.6 and you will need to install scripts version
6.22 and revision version 893.

You can get these from dlee.org/skype.

Click on the link at the bottom of the page and run the installer.

Regards

Steve

Haven't used Skype in 3 years and need to install. For latest JFW, which
version of Skype and do I need scripts? Thanks.

Cher

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Sarah k Alawami via Skypeenglish)...

The latest skype will work fine. The latest scripts also so I hear work. I don't use jaws or windows for skype anymore. As for windows 10 no one really knows if that will work as it has not been released to the public yet.
On Jul 13, 2015, at 8:46 AM, Don & Cher via Skypeenglish <skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com> wrote:

Haven't used Skype in 3 years and need to install. For latest JFW, which version of Skype and do I need scripts? Thanks.

Cher

to contact skype support with any questions regarding your account email en_support at skype.net <mailto:en_support at skype.net>

http://www.dlee.org/skype <http://www.dlee.org/skype>

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com <mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com>

http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/ <http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/>

to modify your subscription visit the list info link at the bottom of this email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Hey Sarah,
according to what Freedom Scientific says, latest JAWS 16 build is
compatible with Windows 10. More exactly it's 16.0.4350.
FS must have access to beta in order to render JFW compatible...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Melissa Stott via Skypeenglish)...

I don?t plan on upgrading to Windows 10 right away. They do say that the latest version of Jaws is compatible though.

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Sarah k Alawami via Skypeenglish)...

That's good. I imagine the skype program and scripts will work unless otherwise noted, and I'm not the authority on that as i can't code to save my life. At least not under windows. Lol!

Need high quality voice over work at reasonable rates? Look no further then a voice that is pleasant on the ear. Book here.
http://voicebunny.com/profile/sarah-alawami-95FABAC Blessings and happy Monday

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (steve troy via Skypeenglish)...

Hi Melissa

I was told last week that as windows 10 is not using video intercept, jaws isn?t compatible. I suspect my info is wrong though.

to contact skype support with any questions regarding your account email <mailto:en_support at skype.net> en_support at skype.net

_____

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Melissa Stott via Skypeenglish)...

I was just going by what the latest update said. If you go to freedom scientific.com, you'll find the latest enhancements.

Sent from my iPhone

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (John via Skypeenglish)...

It says the latest build (Version 16.0.4350) supports Windows 10. previous builds of 16 aren?t supported.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (steve troy via Skypeenglish)...

Hi

Yeah i see that. I wasn?t disputing what Melissa said, i was just pointing out what an assistive technology instructor told me a couple of weeks ago.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Jeremy via Skypeenglish)...

Hi Steve,

Windows 8 also doesn't use the video intercept and it is still accessible and has been for the last 3 years. On a day to day basis, for the average user, the windows intercept primarily prevents the use of the JAWS drag and drop feature, which is why a JAWS user can't move apps on the start screen using drag and drop.

I was told last week that as windows 10 is not using video intercept, jaws isn?t compatible. I suspect my info is wrong though.

I don?t plan on upgrading to Windows 10 right away. They do say that the latest version of Jaws is compatible though.

The latest skype will work fine. The latest scripts also so I hear work. I don't use jaws or windows for skype anymore. As for windows 10 no one really knows if that will work as it has not been released to the public yet.

On Jul 13, 2015, at 8:46 AM, Don & Cher via Skypeenglish <skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com> wrote:

Haven't used Skype in 3 years and need to install. For latest JFW, which version of Skype and do I need scripts? Thanks.

Cher

Thanks for posting to the skype English list.

to contact skype support with any questions regarding your account email en_support at skype.net <mailto:en_support at skype.net>

http://www.dlee.org/skype <http://www.dlee.org/skype>

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com <mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com>

http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/ <http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/>

to modify your subscription visit the list info link at the bottom of this email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

________________________________

To access scripts for the latest version of skype go to http://www.dlee.org/skype

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Chela Robles via Skypeenglish)...

Wow, so if it won't support Video Intercept manager, then the last vuild
of version 15 will definitely not be supported. That sucks because I
don't have the funds to upgrade and get an SMA for two more upgrades I
have JAWS Professional and just to get an upgrade I have to pay $1,095
plus $200 to an SMA. It would be nice if FS would have payment plans for
their customers like GW Micro has. I am currently looking for a job and
don't have the funds to purchase that. Oy vay!

--
Teachers have a sacred task:
It is to give children the skills to understand the world and an expectation that the world is a trustworthy place; that it is full of light, and love, and music and that each student deserves--and will have--their own place in it and the chance to play their own song.
E-mail: cdrobles693 at gmail.com
Windows Live Messenger: cdrobles693 at hotmail.com
Skype: jazzytrumpet
I volunteer for Bookshare, to find out more and to volunteer with us,visit: http://www.bookshare.org/
Need more space, come join dropbox and start with two gigs of free space and 500 Megabytes as is this is my referral link to you: http://db.tt/XpUTe0E

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Chela Robles via Skypeenglish)...

On another note, actually my friend owns JAWS 15 and she has 8.1 version
of w2indows so she has told me it works. I do agree and think it
fascinating about the drag and drop feature, hadn't considered that
tidbit, thanks for sharing.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Chela Robles via Skypeenglish)...

Also, I just currently checked my pc, and I currently have JAWS 15
running, and nothing popped up after signing up to receive Windows Ten
via Windows Update when it comes out, and in that "Get Windows 10" app,
if any of you are interested, it says after pressing the applications
key under that app in the menu, is an item that says, "Check PC." I did
that just to see if any incompatibility issues would arise and nothing
came up! Smiles.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (John via Skypeenglish)...

Jaws15 works with Windows 8.1.

I was told last week that as windows 10 is not using video intercept, jaws
isn?t compatible. I suspect my info is wrong though.

Behalf Of Melissa Stott via Skypeenglish
Sent: 13 July 2015 21:27
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Cornelius via Skypeenglish)...

Just download the latest version that is Skype 7.6 if not mistaken. You can get the scripts from
www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Cornelius via Skypeenglish)...

The latest JAWS is compatible with windows 10. Check out freedom scientific.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Cornelius via Skypeenglish)...

Hi Chela, I believe for personal usage, there is no need to purchase the
professional version. Starting from JAWS 16, FS has made available the home
edition of jaws to run on professional version of windows.

Sent: 13 July 2015 21:27
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Jeremy via Skypeenglish)...

You shouldn't have any video intercept problems with modern versions of jaws and Win8 or Win10.

If you are using Office 2010 and above, you might want to dump JAWS and get the free Window-Eyes available to those using current versions of Office.

In fact, it might be worthwhile to purchase an annual license for Office 365 to get access to Window-Eyes for free. The annual cost for the newest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, etc plus 5 1TB online storage is $99 per year.

JR

On Behalf Of Steve troy via Skypeenglish
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2015 3:03 PM
To: 'screen readers' access to skype and its interface.'

Hi Melissa

I was told last week that as windows 10 is not using video intercept, jaws isn?t compatible. I suspect my info is wrong though.

On Behalf Of Melissa Stott via Skypeenglish
Sent: 13 July 2015 21:27
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com
<mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com>

<http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/>

to modify your subscription visit the list info link at the bottom of this email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

m>

to contact skype support with any questions regarding your account
email en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email en_support at skype.net