Topics

Jaws 15/16 and Skype 7.5

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Nut via Skypeenglish)...

Hi,
I?m using Jaws 15, and have one issue. Jaws doesn?t read the characters I typed into the chat window, even though the Skype script is running. This use to work fine in Jaws 14. This problem happens in both Jaws 15 and 16. I?m using Skype 7.5 (the latest version) on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Hey Nut, are you referring to the typing echo, or while checking by
character in the edit box?
If you can btw, try to give me the steps to reproduce the issue so that
when I sign in tonight I can find out if I am encountering it too. I am
using Skype 7.5 with latest scripts 893, and now with JAWS 16.0.1236.
Only little difference is OS version since I am running Windows 7
professional (and not ultimate) x64 sp1.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

On the first message you type into a chat window, this may happen; and
my attempts to fix it caused too many side effects. I know the
following workarounds, either of which is enough at least for me:

1. Use Notepad to compose your first message for a chat window, then
paste it into the chat window when done.

2. Send a partial message, press UpArrow (assuming accessibility mode
is not enabled, or you'll have to go to more trouble for this) to edit
the message, then edit it normally and resend it. With this approach
though, the other person may not be notified of the completion of
editing.

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"No person is your friend who demands your silence or denies your
right to grow." --unknown source

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Hope Paulos via Skypeenglish)...

When I had this issue, I had multiple instances of script files in the .enu
folder. Ensure you only have one instance of the script files.

Hope Paulos