I think Dough fixed that.

Download the latest scripts here.

https://www.dlee.org/skype/

On 2021-03-01 9:41 a.m., Kimmie wrote:
Hi there. I have jaws 2019 and I have the JFW.skype1 but for the life of me
I can't seem to find my contacts and it keeps saying Chrome Legacy Window
and it just won't budge anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Michele Barbi

Hi Kimmie,

I recently reported it to the list, I think that Skype 8.69 broke the fix that Doug already made for this in the past. For the time beeing, when you hear this message press windows+up arrow, or if the window is already maximized, press before windows+down and then windows+up. I hope that there will be a new fix soon.

Now that we're on topic, since you're using JAWS 2019, if it's lower than the august 2019 update, you should also install the scripts load manager which you can find at www.dlee.org/slman

Octavian Rasnita

I also found useful to press Alt key to open the menu, then immediately press Alt key again to close it.
The window is accessible again after that, and I can press Insert+Control+E to move the focus to the text field etc.
But I still use Windows 7.

--Octavian

I recently reported it to the list, I think that Skype 8.69 broke the fix that Doug already made for this in the past. For the time beeing, when you hear this message press windows+up arrow, or if the window is already maximized, press before windows+down and then windows+up. I hope that there will be a new fix soon.

Now that we're on topic, since you're using JAWS 2019, if it's lower than the august 2019 update, you should also install the scripts load manager which you can find at www.dlee.org/slman

Hi Octavian, I am using Windows 10 latest build, I tested your way of a double press of alt key and it works fine here as well, so it's not a matter of OS as I already thought.

I changed the subject line to better reflect what was really going on. Please make your subjects more clearer guys so the archive can remain organized. If you have any replies, please use this one if using email.

Thanks.

Kimmie

You and me both. Thanks so much for that tip.