Topics

Important - new Microsoft Services Agreement & Privacy Statement for Skype

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Shawn Klein via Skypeenglish)...

I got it too.

Here?s what PC World is saying

Microsoft puts privacy tools on one dashboard
Microsoft has given its privacy policy and service agreement a facelift, and
given users a new central clearinghouse to manage privacy settings for all
the data the company keeps about them. The newly-minted privacy dashboard is
part of a move by the company to unify and simplify most of its service
agreements and privacy policies for various products under one document.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2932232/the-upload-your-tech-news-briefing-fo
r-friday-june-5.html

And here?s the Microsoft blog entry:

Improving the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement for
consumers

Posted June 4, 2015 By Horacio Guti?rrez - Deputy General Counsel &
Corporate Vice President, Legal and Corporate Affairs, Microsoft

26

103

35

What do Windows, Skype, Xbox Live and OneDrive have in common? One simpler
service agreement and privacy statement from Microsoft.

In a world of more personalized computing, customers need meaningful
transparency and privacy protections. And those aren?t possible unless we
get the basics right. For consumer services, that starts with clear terms
and policies that both respect individual privacy and don?t require a law
degree to read.

In an effort to further simplify the terms and policies for our customers,
we?re updating the Microsoft Services Agreement and the Microsoft Privacy
Statement effective Aug. 1 to reflect our latest services in a more
streamlined format. Customers will begin receiving notice of these changes
today.

The Microsoft Services Agreement will now expand to cover most of
Microsoft?s consumer services, including Bing, Cortana, Microsoft account,
OneDrive, Outlook.com, Skype and Xbox Live. A full list of products covered
by this update to our terms of use can be found here. The Privacy Statement
is also being refreshed and restructured, reducing redundancies and
providing a singular, straightforward resource for understanding Microsoft?s
commitments for protecting individual privacy with these services, and will
also cover new technologies like the forthcoming Windows 10.

We?ve approached the updated agreement and privacy statement guided by a few
key principles:

1. Simplicity: These changes bring together a number of previously separate
? and often repetitive ? documents to make it easier for customers to find
and understand the information. Instead of agreeing to separate terms and
statements for each service, customers who use more than one Microsoft
service will be able to accept once for multiple services and review one
privacy statement.

2. Transparency: Although we?ve simplified and consolidated the terms and
policies, we didn?t want to over-simplify, either. We want to give consumers
meaningful information about how we collect and use personal data. Thus, the
privacy statement still provides the service-level details our customers
need in order to understand the privacy implications of the services they
use.

3. Privacy: These statements reiterate what we?ve said in the past: We don?t
use customer communications to serve targeted ads to customers and we are
committed to putting customers in control of their information.

It is important to note that these changes do not represent a change in
Microsoft?s approach to customer privacy. We are simplifying the services
agreement and privacy statement because we believe that real transparency
starts with straightforward terms and policies that people can clearly
understand. As our services evolve, we recognize we must continue earning
your trust. These changes aim to help do just that.

Featured Posts

Welcome 6Wunderkinder! Microsoft acquires Wunderlist

http://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2015/06/04/improving-the-microsoft-services-
agreement-and-privacy-statement-for-consumers/

Shawn Klein

_____

To: <mailto:mikeameli at earthlink.net> mikeameli at earthlink.net

Subject: Important ? new Microsoft Services Agreement & Privacy Statement
for Skype

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjLG.S4m.bW89M
SZyc19lZT1iV2xyWldGdFpXeHBRR1ZoY25Sb2JHbHVheTV1WlhRXyZyc19vYz1OJnJzX2J2PUgmc
nNfbXY9SCZyc19reT0xUTl1UE8%5fOGUNXa00> Can't see this email properly?
Forgotten your
<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjHE.S4m.bW89M
SZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbiZyc3Jlc2V0bGluaz13d3cuc2t5cGUuY
29tL2dvL2ZvcmdvdHBhc3N3b3JkKZYNXV00> password?

Skype?
<http://img.delivery.net/cm50content/20381/40895/skype_logo_white.gif>

Important ? new Microsoft Services Agreement & Privacy Statement for Skype

When Microsoft acquired Skype in 2011, we brought together our communication
technologies to help you stay closer to friends, family and colleagues. And,
if you're like millions of other people who use a number of Microsoft's
services (for example, <http://outlook.com/> Outlook.com for email, Bing,
Xbox, Office 365, etc.) we're making life a little easier for everyone. How?
Well, most of Microsoft's consumer services are being brought together under
a single Microsoft Services Agreement and a consolidated Microsoft Privacy
Statement.

We'll be moving from Skype's current Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to the
new Microsoft Services Agreement and the Microsoft Privacy Statement on
August 1, 2015.

Do you need to do anything? These are important documents and we encourage
you to read them by navigating to the links at the bottom of this email. By
continuing to use Skype after August 1, 2015, you agree to these updated
terms. Should you disagree, simply discontinue using Skype or cancel your
subscription before then. If you are a parent or guardian, you are
responsible for your child's or teenager's use of Skype, including
purchases.

Here are the highlights:

<http://img.delivery.net/cm50content/20381/40895/icon1.gif>

Simplicity
Many of our customers use more than one Microsoft service, and have agreed
to a number of terms and privacy policies. To make it easier to use multiple
services, we've brought together these documents into a single services
agreement and a consolidated privacy statement that cover most of our
consumer services.

<http://img.delivery.net/cm50content/20381/40895/icon2.gif>

Privacy
Our longstanding commitment to privacy has not changed. We remain dedicated
to protecting your data, being clear about how we use it, and putting you in
control. For example, we do not use the contents of your email, chat, video
calls, documents, photos, or voice messages to target advertising to you.
And as you'll see when you read the privacy statement, we offer a range of
tools that enable you to make decisions about what data we collect.
Additionally, we have launched a
<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HxoQ.S4m.bW89M
Q%5f%5fCXRKFOT0> new privacy dashboard that makes it easier for you to make
choices about how we use your data.

<http://img.delivery.net/cm50content/20381/40895/icon3.gif>

Transparency
We're using straightforward language so our terms of use and privacy
statement are easier to understand. In addition, we've put key privacy
information all in one place, so you no longer have to jump between several
documents to understand the big picture. While this consolidation eliminates
redundancies and simplifies the structure of the information, we continue to
provide service-specific details to allow you to make informed choices about
how you use our services. We've also added some additional privacy
information about new features and functionality we'll soon roll out, like
those you'll see on Windows 10.

For more detail on the changes, see the links below:

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HxoS.S4m.bW89M
Q%5f%5fCXXaFOV0> Microsoft Services Agreement

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HxoU.S4m.bW89M
Q%5f%5fCXeKFOX0> Microsoft Privacy Statement

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HxoW.S4m.bW89M
Q%5f%5fCYEaFOZ0> Frequently Asked Questions

<http://img.delivery.net/cm50content/20381/40895/spacer.gif>

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDc.S4m.bW89M
SZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBGLOJDI0> Access

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDc.S4m.bW89M
SZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBGLOJDI0> Access
my account

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDe.S4m.bW89M
SZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBGXOJDK0> Download

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDe.S4m.bW89M
SZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBGXOJDK0> Download
latest version

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDg.S4m.bW89M
SZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBHDOJDM0> Explore

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDg.S4m.bW89M
SZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBHDOJDM0> Explore
Skype features

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDi.S4m.bW89M
SZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBHPOJDO0> Questions?

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDi.S4m.bW89M
SZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBHPOJDO0> Questions?
We can help

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDk.S4m.bW89M
Q%5f%5fCUIEFNU0> Facebook

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDm.S4m.bW89M
Q%5f%5fCUOUFNW0> Twitter

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDo.S4m.bW89M
Q%5f%5fCUVEFNY0> Youtube

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDq.S4m.bW89M
Q%5f%5fCUbUFNa0> Pinterest

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDs.S4m.bW89M
Q%5f%5fCVCEFNc0> RSS Feeds

? 2015 Skype and/or Microsoft.
<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.Hj7c.S4m.bW89M
SZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBDcUJCb0> Terms of use ?
<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.Hj7e.S4m.bW89M
SZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBEIUJCd0> Privacy

Skype Communications S.A.R.L. 23-29 Rives de Clausen, L-2165 Luxembourg.

<http://img.delivery.net/cm50content/20381/37627/no_phone.gif>

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for
emergency calling.

Microsoft
<http://img.delivery.net/cm50content/20381/37671/mircosoft_logo.gif>

<http://open.delivery.net/o?2.2.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N..S4m.ZD0wJm1vPTE%
5fCTWGFNZ0> Thanks for posting to the skype english list.

<mailto:en_support at skype.net> en_support at skype.net

<http://www.dlee.org/skype> http://www.dlee.org/skype

<mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com>
mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

<http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/>

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Sarah k Alawami via Skypeenglish)...

Well, we'll see. I eat my words up, but I still don't care for it.

Oh btw apple's agreement is now 76 pages in length. I've read all of it. and it reads as it should, as I was taught to write a contract.

!Blessings and happy Saturday

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2932232/the-upload-your-tech-news-briefing-for-friday-june-5.html <http://www.pcworld.com/article/2932232/the-upload-your-tech-news-briefing-for-friday-june-5.html>
The Microsoft Services Agreement will now expand to cover most of Microsoft?s consumer services, including Bing, Cortana, Microsoft account, OneDrive, Outlook.com <http://outlook.com/>, Skype and Xbox Live. A full list of products covered by this update to our terms of use can be found here. The Privacy Statement is also being refreshed and restructured, reducing redundancies and providing a singular, straightforward resource for understanding Microsoft?s commitments for protecting individual privacy with these services, and will also cover new technologies like the forthcoming Windows 10.
[...]
http://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2015/06/04/improving-the-microsoft-services-agreement-and-privacy-statement-for-consumers/ <http://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2015/06/04/improving-the-microsoft-services-agreement-and-privacy-statement-for-consumers/>

Shawn Klein
It does not look like a lawyer wrote it. it actually looks to me fake. it's too much in the second person. Something sounds fishy, plus I did not see this in the garage blogs or any of the skype blogs I'm subscribed to.

Take care to all.

is this legit?

Can't see this email properly? <http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjLG.S4m.bW89MSZyc19lZT1iV2xyWldGdFpXeHBRR1ZoY25Sb2JHbHVheTV1WlhRXyZyc19vYz1OJnJzX2J2PUgmcnNfbXY9SCZyc19reT0xUTl1UE8%5fOGUNXa00> Forgotten your password <http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjHE.S4m.bW89MSZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbiZyc3Jlc2V0bGluaz13d3cuc2t5cGUuY29tL2dvL2ZvcmdvdHBhc3N3b3JkKZYNXV00>?

Important ? new Microsoft Services Agreement & Privacy Statement for Skype
When Microsoft acquired Skype in 2011, we brought together our communication technologies to help you stay closer to friends, family and colleagues. And, if you're like millions of other people who use a number of Microsoft's services (for example, Outlook.com <http://outlook.com/> for email, Bing, Xbox, Office 365, etc.) we're making life a little easier for everyone. How? Well, most of Microsoft's consumer services are being brought together under a single Microsoft Services Agreement and a consolidated Microsoft Privacy Statement.

[...]

Our longstanding commitment to privacy has not changed. We remain dedicated to protecting your data, being clear about how we use it, and putting you in control. For example, we do not use the contents of your email, chat, video calls, documents, photos, or voice messages to target advertising to you. And as you'll see when you read the privacy statement, we offer a range of tools that enable you to make decisions about what data we collect. Additionally, we have launched a new privacy dashboard <http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HxoQ.S4m.bW89MQ%5f%5fCXRKFOT0> that makes it easier for you to make choices about how we use your data.

Microsoft Services Agreement <http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HxoS.S4m.bW89MQ%5f%5fCXXaFOV0>
Microsoft Privacy Statement <http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HxoU.S4m.bW89MQ%5f%5fCXeKFOX0>
Frequently Asked Questions <http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HxoW.S4m.bW89MQ%5f%5fCYEaFOZ0>

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDc.S4m.bW89MSZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBGLOJDI0>my account

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDe.S4m.bW89MSZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBGXOJDK0>latest version

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDg.S4m.bW89MSZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBHDOJDM0>Skype features

<http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.HjDi.S4m.bW89MSZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBHPOJDO0>We can help

? 2015 Skype and/or Microsoft. Terms of use <http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.Hj7c.S4m.bW89MSZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBDcUJCb0> ? Privacy <http://emails.skype.com/r/c/r?2.1.3OM.2w%2a.1Q9uPO.SbG6Sa..N.Hj7e.S4m.bW89MSZyc29tbmk9RU1TUl8yNDM0XzEwMDFfMDUwNjE1VVNlbg%5f%5fBEIUJCd0>

to contact skype support with any questions regarding your account email en_support at skype.net <mailto:en_support at skype.net>

http://www.dlee.org/skype <http://www.dlee.org/skype>

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com <mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com>

http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/ <http://www.mail-archive.com/skypeenglish at emissives.com/>